In addition to developing manufacturing equipment and processes, Manufacturing Engineers work with cross-functional teams throughout the entire product lifecycle. You will work closely with Design Engineering, Quality and Production to take vehicle design changes and new vehicle designs from initial concept through prototype development and into full production.
- Create and improve on Discrete Event Simulation models for new projects to evaluate overall line capacity and top risks.
- Create standards for Automated Downtime collection. Focus on mean time to repair and mean time between failure are key elements.
- Review equipment downtime, full and starved statistics during line commissioning and suggest modifications and improvements based on the findings.
- Create Visual display standards for equipment status, and implement control boards for new projects.
- Audit Manpower Utilization during project planning phases.
- Audit Equipment Utilization during planning project planning phases and review upon equipment implementation. Where gaps are found suggest strategies and work with teams to implement changes.
- Balance manual workloads for associates across multiple work zones to achieve a balanced cycle time.
- Develop Templates for Cycletime planning and audit across multiple lines and functional areas
- Participate in cross functional engineering meetings
- B.S. in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering
- 5+ years of related experience developing and launching complex assembly processes
- Extensive proficiency creating written and pictorial documentation of manufacturing processes
- Work independently with concepts and documentation from prototype to sustaining activities
- Work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances, owning assignments and taking full accountability for their success
- Maintain flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments, coping with rapidly changing information
- Collect, analyze and summarize information to a general understanding; thinking abstractly and separating complex ideas into simple elements
- Work well in independent and team settings
- Communicate clearly using written and verbal skills
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail
- Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with CATIA, 3D experience is desired, but not required