Zuora Subject Expert (ZSE): Billing
The Customer Success Zuora Subject Matter Expert (SME) is a new customer facing role that sits in the CSM team at Zuora. As such, we need well-rounded “athletes” who can:
- Serve as a Zuora Subject Matter expert in the Subscription Economy to help customers optimize and grow their business via a streamlined quote-to-cash process.
- Take complex ideas and communicate them in a simple, elegant way.
- Go deep on the product and engage with customers in new, creative ways.
- Anticipate customer needs and requirements by serving as the customer’s voice to the entire Zuora organization, including product, marketing, professional services and sales.
- Must cultivate and maintain effective working relationship with a variety of stakeholders such as customers, senior management, support, product and engineering amongst others.
- Comfortable in creating, documenting and executing use cases in your test environment based on customer discovery calls and derived needs.
- Be able to articulate best practices, and create and present recommendations to customers.
- Comfortable in articulating to customers alternative solutions and the associated pros and cons while making one specific recommendation.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and time manage multiple projects/customers concurrently to resolution.
- Understand and keep up-to-date on the latest product functionality, its dependencies, the underlying architecture and their operational impact.
- Recommend areas of improvement to product development teams in performance and feature capabilities that will improve our customers' successful use of Zuora, drive adoption and discover new revenue opportunities.
- Deliver high customer satisfaction - our all-time customer satisfaction rating is 95%.
- Share and develop best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of customer support and contribute to the knowledge base.
- Make a measurable impact on one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley.
- Passionate about customer success.
- A minimum of 2-5 years experience supporting, implementing Saas, ERP or ‘Quote to Cash’ as a business analyst or customer facing role. Previous ERP, General Ledger, Payment Services, CRM(Salesforce), Billing or other e-business suites highly preferred.
- Excellent analysis, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Propensity for hard work and a willingness to perform different roles as required.
- Displays leadership qualities and works well with others.
- Be Scrappy. You’ll need the ability to successfully drive projects in a startup environment (resourcefulness, creativity and initiative are paramount)
- Strong writing skills that include the ability to synthesize information into clear, concise messages both for detailed analytical reports and executive summaries.
- BA/BS/MS/MBA (or equivalent) in a related discipline.
- Must have excellent Excel, Word, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Slides skills including being able to use mail merge, conditional logic and vlookup.
- Completed all applicable Z-University courses and associated certifications within 6 weeks of date of hire. These certifications must be maintained.
- Articulate and demo Zuora’s billing functionality, Zuora object model and ecosystem, the competitive landscape, relevant 3rd party integrations, applicable Connect apps, dev tools Zuora’s charge models and product catalog within 8 weeks of hiring (we’ve got the training and support to get you there).
- 10-15% travel