We are looking for an experienced professional to join the Aesthetics team as a Senior Analyst in our Medtech Insights division. The Senior Analyst is a self-starter who works among a broader team to offer therapeutic, market, and methodological expertise to internal and external clients. Core responsibilities include delivering superior insight and analysis; driving thought leadership activities; and assisting the Sales team develop leads and client engagement.
We would love to hear from you if you are:
- A solution-oriented individual who seeks ways to collaborate with others and drives ideas to fruition;
- Unafraid of promoting your expertise and being in front of clients while doing it; and
- Committed to promoting a positive work environment where everyone is treated with respect
Responsibilities and Expectations:
The primary responsibility of a Senior Analyst is to author comprehensive market research reports (70%). This involves:
- Working with their manager to identify and scope areas of emerging interest to our clients
- Interviewing key opinion leaders (KOL)—industry stakeholders and medical professionals
- Interpreting qualitative information and transforming it into quantitative measures and assumptions
- Formulating and testing hypotheses about market and competitive dynamics based on primary and secondary research findings
- Building market models and project deliverables by incorporating information and data from public financial, regulatory, and government documents, and collaborating extensively with DRG's brand tracking and real world data (RWD) owners
- Writing insightful analyses to explain and illustrate key market and competitive trends and accompanying tables and figures
- Inferring potential competitive strategies to pursue in these markets
In addition, a Senior Analyst is expected to (30%):
- Add insight and perspective to DRG’s syndicated products and custom projects
- Respond in a timely and professional manner to customer inquiries and feedback
- Participate in thought leadership activities. Examples include: conducting webinars, using social media, presenting at conferences, etc.
- Assist Sales/Marketing by providing market information to better sell DRG’s products and develop leads, as required
- Represent DRG’s as a key market expert during client visits, as required
- Support their Manager in the project management of junior team members’ deliverables, as required
- At least 2 years of relevant job experience, preferably in market research, medical device, or the healthcare industry
- Adept with qualitative research techniques and conducting in-depth interviews
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (e.g., pivot tables, VLOOKUP)
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, analytical, and writing skills
- Mature communicator capable of conversing with high-profile clients; able to advance and defend theories and conclusions to them
- Self-starter attitude and unafraid of taking the lead on something even when more senior members are involved
- Ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple projects at once
- Business acumen that can help support sales success, organizational improvements, and relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- SQL, Python, and/or Tableau experience is an asset, or an immediate willingness to learn and apply into day-to-day work
- Familiarity or understanding of medical device/aesthetics markets is an asset
- Experience with social listening studies, or using its data to draw insight, is an asset
- Undergraduate or graduate degree
- Fluency in an European or Asian language is an asset
- Must legally be entitled to work in Canada
Decision Resources Group is a cohesive portfolio of companies that offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on critical issues of the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed, knowledgeable decisions.
With more than 1000 employees worldwide, Decision Resources Group provides the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, financial services and managed care industries with the analytics they need to compete and thrive in an increasingly competitive marketplace. Through both organic growth and an aggressive acquisition strategy, Decision Resources Group has become the premier provider of healthcare analysis and data in the world. Please visit us at: http://decisionresourcesgroup.com.
Decision Resources Group offers a competitive compensation package and medical, dental and life insurance programs. We also offer an RRSP match retirement plan after three continuous months of employment.
Decision Resources Group (DRG), in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code is committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities during the recruitment process and subsequent employment upon request. DRG will consult with job applicants who have requested accommodation, and who have been invited to participate in the recruitment and/or selection process, on the provision of effective accommodation measures.
Professional 3 / Grade 7