182254 Principal Product Manager (Open)
Seagate is looking for a Principal Product Manager to join the enterprise planning and technology strategy group. This position will lead customer success enablement projects which create a shared business and technology engagement with our customers. The role will drive activities for some of our largest enterprise and cloud clients. This role will be based in Cupertino, CA or Longmont, CO.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Assessment of existing and potential markets, product life cycle planning, coordination of technical product development, development of product strategies, definition of promotional activities and product launch.
- Deep understanding of customer architectures including hyperscale, enterprise, & software defined storage.
- Creation of business plans and strategy for product and technology launch, and forecasts/playbooks/battle plans for customer product lines which align Seagate products and technologies to customer needs.
- Maintain current status of customer requirements for existing and future products.
- Lead new product or technology definitions and business plans with joint engagement of technology. These projects will collaborate closely with many engineering, operations, business, and finance departments.
- Communicates customer feedback to engineering, quality, and sales to enhance existing product(s) or product line(s).
- Monitor the development of business plans, assess market penetration, and positioning of product to drive competitive advantage, revenue and market share. Reduce broad concepts and business strategies into structured customer success enablement plans.
- Oversee market research, monitor competitive activity, and identify customer needs.
- Direct the development of company market requirements for specific product(s) or product line(s), including product strategy definition and requirements analysis.
About Our Group:
- We are a globally distributed team with representation in Minnesota, Colorado, California, Seattle, and China.
- Our team is built of passionate engineering, marketing and business skill sets combined together with the goal of accelerating strategy creation, product development, product planning and innovation.
- This is a fast paced, asynchronous working style with passion for invention, customer success enablement, and revenue generation through creativity.
- The organization is responsible for being the conduit of customer requirements, engineering direction, marketing collateral, and sales success.
- We are active participants in forums such as OCP & ODCC. Beyond that we deliver technical marketing content throughout the industry in support of business and customer needs.
- Strategic Thinker
- Team Player
- Product Evangelist
- Strong Communicator
- Technical aptitude
Your Qualifications Include:
- Product Management experience in an enterprise environment required
- Previous experience in the storage industry highly-preferred
- Experience in high-tech required
- Previous experience in an extensive customer-interfacing role essential
- Understanding of private and/or public cloud infrastructure a plus
- Data center experience highly preferred
- Bachelor’s and/or equivalent experience required
Location: Cupertino, CA or Longmont, CO
Travel: up to 35%
Job Family: Professional