Job Reference #
The Geospatial Analysis team within UBS Investment Banking research is looking for a talented software engineer to help architect some of the industry's most innovative equities research techniques and methodologies. As a member of the team, you will be focused on engineering and data analysis.
We’re looking for someone like that who can:
- build large scale analytical programs using Python and SQL
- develop client-facing reports using Excel and VBA
- examine, analyze, and perform ETL on new data sources
- execute on projects with extremely high visibility across the industry
Country / State
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
As a data engineer in UBS Evidence Lab, you will be joining one of the most premier equities research teams in the world. As a part of the team, you will be working alongside seasoned former Silicon Valley software engineers, who are able to provide guidance and mentorship in the areas of data analysis and machine-learning, and building high-performance software. You’ll be working in the team in Zabierzow (Krakow Business Park). You can learn more about Evidence Lab here.
Your experience and skills
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- experience using Python, C#, Java, or a comparable OOO programing language
- strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- knowledge of relational databases
- a strong communicator, in both written and spoken English
- eager to learn about and implement new technologies in data engineering
- detail oriented
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?