Senior Key Account Manager – Anglo Africa - Industrial Safety
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Contribute to the growth of the SPS HIS in Anglo Africa region. Responsible for the customer relationships of assigned accounts in the related region, key end-users, including agents and
local distributors. Responsible for the annual revenues generate by her/his assigned accounts in the given territory.
Establish a consistent key account base across Anglo Africa that addresses the largest market opportunities in an efficient and competitive way.
1. Work together with the SPS Anglo Africa Sales Manager and GPP team to:
• Advise the company in terms of market size, growth rate and trends for identified products and as well provide competitive information for the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) market.
• Further develop existing key accounts and/ or identify new key accounts.
• Be responsible for product introduction to match market demand from the wide portfolio of industrial safety products from Honeywell.
2. Identify and approach potential new opportunities and customers in order to grow the base business in the region.
3. Generate lead and support HIS team on projects when required.
3. Maintain ongoing knowledge of the marketplace and competitor data, so that you are able to position Honeywell as the leading provider of Personal Protective Equipment.
4. Understand and report on future customer needs and identify solutions that will further develop Honeywell’s capabilities.
5. Acquire new key accounts directly or through local agents / distributors. Prepare professional and quality quotations reflect realistic technical and commercial commitments (feasibility, cost, timing, resources). Provide solutions to both legacy and new product requirements, as appropriate, including potentially commercial range in the future.
6. Present the Honeywell Industrial Safety value proposition and respond to customer questions, issues, and inquiries with accuracy and timeliness.
7. Work closely and effectively with the HIS Sales Back Office.
8. Conduct End User Demonstration and Specification follow up.
9. Geographical Expansion – Work with relevant colleagues to develop both end users and distributors in Anglo Africa region.
Key Performance Measures
• Selling the Honeywell advantages in a competitive marketplace
• At a minimum, meeting the business AOP (Annual Operating Plan) at approved profit levels, within a competitive environment
• Maintaining a highly satisfied customer base
• Working and negotiating multiple projects at a time
• Conducting and concluding sales effectively
• Growing and maintaining Key Accounts in the Anglo Region
50 Channel Sales
Undergraduate degree from recognized university
3 years Sales or Business Development Experience across the local Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)/ Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) markets across either of the following industries: Mining, Oil & Gas, Petroleum, Electrical Power, Energy, Chemical, Coal, Construction & Earth Works, Chemical industry, Pharmaceutical etc
Experience in both managing a distribution channel and sales to direct end users
Technical Skills and specific Knowledge Required
Technical Sales background advantageous
*Must have Sales and Business Development experience across Directorship/ Executive across CEO’s/ CFO’s/ Chairman/ SHEQ Director levels
*Must have experience closing deals with Multinational corporations
*Must have a solid and proven sales track record meeting and exceeding Targets
Sub-Saharan Africa Sales experience will be an advantage
Tenders, Projects/ Multinational Sales and bill of quantities (BOQ) experience will be an advantage
A clear proven understanding of developing partnerships, and co-selling relationships
Demonstrated ability to lead effectively in a small and collaborative environment and deliver against ambitious targets
Results orientation and strong decision making skills with the ability to prioritise multiple objectives and meet aggressive deadlines
Extensive travel to customers in the related region with trips within EMEA from time to time
• Intelligent risk taker
• Self-Motivated and “Go getter” personality; Can work with minimal supervision
• Ability to effectively negotiate at multiple levels within an organization, both commercial and technical
• Effective honest communication capabilities (good written and verbal skills)
• Dynamic personality, results driven, champion of change
• Must demonstrate high ethical and integrity standards as the same will be required in all interactions within Honeywell and its partners Exempt
Remote Access Required
Extensive Travel Required
Continued Professional Development
Job ID: req145495
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.