Principal Software Developer - 14913
Technology and Engineering - India Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Job Title: Big Data Architect
As a Nielsen Architect, you will be hands-on, and will be expected to bring new and fresh ideas to the company and its solutions. One will be directly responsible for supporting product innovation and contributing to recommendations to employ leading-edge technology on behalf of corporate needs. The position requires a high degree of expertise in current web, big data, and database technologies and competency to work on the most complex projects. Assist in end-to-end integration efforts in highly complex Big Data ecosystem applications. Provide guidance and direction (without direct supervisory authority) to junior developers and functional testers, including setting standards, delegating and reviewing work, and mentoring. . Define and build applications and systems to support near-term competitive products and services as well as long-term business needs.
This role will have more than 95% hands on development, and building scalable POC prototypes. Contribute to data integration, data migration, data cleansing, data profiling, and data analysis for Big Data/BI applications.
This role needs working with stakeholders and development teams to take approved recommendations to a production ready solution.
Analyze, design, develop, test, implement and document software applications and business systems of the highest complexity.
In collaboration with Architect Leaders, and as a result of a high degree of business engagement, develop plans for building application solutions and environments that address the company's business and technology strategies and are conducive to quick, inexpensive systems delivery.
Participate on project teams
Define, document, and implement conceptual designs consisting of data strategy, business processes, application interfaces, and technology solutions.
Define and implement a structure and design framework including applications design; end-user environment; hardware, software and network environment; and methodologies and standards.
Develop software code which is maintainable, easy to use, and satisfies requirements for highly-complex or business-critical applications.
Perform configuration management tasks
Provide systems support to clients and support staff:
Research, assess, and facilitate enhancements and resolution of incidents
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- 8 to 10 years IT experience with 3+ years’ experience in solutions development especially in DWH or Big Data technologies with strong SQL skills.
- Excellent understanding andhands-onn building end to end application analytical solutions for structured, semi-structured, unstructured data using big data tools.
- 6+ years hands on experience in building end to end solutions using Java/J2EE suite with experience in Big Data (OR) Big Data technologies and tools like Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Impala with experience in Java/J2EE. Exposure to Cloud technology is advantageous.
- In-depth knowledge of software development technology, design principles, methods, tools, and practices and industry standards and trends
- Experience in application architecture and design techniques and familiarity with data modeling and relational database techniques.
- Extensive, practical experience with building and maintaining large-scale, complex application systems in a team environment.
- Expert interpersonal skills
- Experience in software development in SQL, PL/SQL, AWS/Azure Cloud
-Experience working in Agile methodology.
- Industry experience in Retail Market Research
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chennai,Tamil Nadu
Secondary Locations: , , ,