The Data Systems Engineering team is looking for a senior software engineer in their Dublin office to drive the growth of distributed logging, log aggregation, real-time log processing, and petabyte scale log analysis. You’ll be responsible for designing, and implementing big data tools and services which can be leveraged by teams throughout the Groupon engineering community. In addition, you will also be responsible for Hadoop implementation, configuration, troubleshooting, and customizations - this include YARN, Map Reduce, HDFS as well as Hive. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a team of fantastic engineers. As a member of the infrastructure team, your efforts will be making a direct impact on the experiences of millions of customers as well as pushing Groupon’s data infrastructure to the next level.
· 10+ years in software development, in that, more than 5+ years of experience in the Big data area.
· Experience designing and implementing large, scalable distributed systems
· Experience deploying and working with big data technologies like Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, Spark
· Highly proficient in OO programming (Java preferred)
· BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Hadoop committers preferred
· Understanding of Hadoop Ecosystem ( HDFS, Yarn, MapReduce, Spark Hive ) and should be able to coach the other members of the team
· Proficiency on Linux / Unix command line
· Ability to debug production issues using standard command line tools
· Understanding of networking technology
· Knowledge of automation systems ( Ansible, Puppet )Ability to debug Hadoop / Hive job failures
· Using Ambari in administering Hadoop
· Experience in administering and developing software in Hadoop clusters greater than or equal to 6 PB OR 200 Datanodes
· JIRA for issues and project tracking
· Design documentation and maintaining process documents
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our employee resource groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.