This position is for a LAN/WAN/MAN Specialist to support to the United States Air Force Civil Engineer Center (AFCEC) at Tyndall Air Force Base, Florida. The candidate must demonstrate applicable experience and certifications. Experience with continuous monitoring of DoD networks, to include Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA)/ Industrial Control Systems (ICS). Extensive knowledge of Cybersecurity, to include DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP), and transition to Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Continuous Monitoring are required.
Specific work to be performed includes the following:
- Provide LAN/WAN/MAN support and guidance to AFCEC
- Interface with local and geographically separated customers to address RMF continuous monitoring for Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA)/ Industrial Control Systems (ICS) and related support
- Attend planning and requirements meetings with IT and Cybersecurity staff, Program Managers and customers as required
- Provide technical guidance
- Previous experience in networking, IT, or other related fields
- Familiarity with architectural specifications
- Familiarity with researching communication networks
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Cisco certification - CCNA
- Network engineering experience, with emphasis on design
- 3+ years of experience
- Knowledge of an experience with cyber security and Information Assurance (IA) standard (e.g. firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems(IDS))
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification or higher is required for this position (e.g., CompTIA Security+ CE, CCNA Security, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISA, GSE, SCNA , CISSP, CASP CE). Candidates must be prepared to provide proof of current certification or other DoD-recognized higher level certification at the time of application.
- Identify security discrepancies and report security incidents
- Provide expert research and analysis in support of expanding programs and area of responsibility
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; negotiate complex issues; write comprehensive studies; and maintain good working relationships.
- Prepare briefings, reports, informational analyses in support of AFCEC
- Perform records management of sustainment related deliverables and documentation.
- Ensure adherence to Government policies, master plans and schedules, and develop solutions to program problems
- Travel requirement: less than 25%
Security Clearance: Active DoD Secret
Education/Certifications: AS and 2 years’ experience Network+ Certification
Desired: Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies to include communication security (COMSEC) integration. Working knowledge of System Security Policy as they relate to C&A for Legacy systems. Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate DOD Manuals and other guiding policy documents. Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DoD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel). Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision. Willingness to travel.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V