History Museum of Los Angeles County is seeking a Coordinator, Events for
our Events Department. The Events Coordinator acts as a representative of
the Natural History Family of Museums and the Events Department by providing
outstanding customer service support for a variety of events, including, but
not limited to, third party, internal and Advancement events, by creating a
friendly, welcoming and informative environment for all Museum clients,
guests, vendors and staff. The Events Coordinator works closely with the
Director of Events and Manager of Events to understand and execute the event
to the client, department and Museums’ satisfaction.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but
are not limited to:
- Oversees the set-up, running and breakdown for assigned
events, inclusive of preparation and clean up. In conjunction with supervisors,
delegates execution to team leaders and event assistants, as needed. Checks
the status of operation, lighting, A/V equipment and systems operations and
makes recommendations as needed.
- Responsible for the creation and distribution of work
orders for various events, as well as the staffing and supervision of various
events. Ensures the collection of all required documentation for vendors,
inclusive of vendor agreements, COIs and liquor licenses, as needed. Makes
recommendation as needed to senior staff for purchases, maintenance, etc.
Finalizes events by completing billing, event reports and incident reports.
- Interacts with all vendors to execute event.
Coordinates load-in and load-out, ensuring each vendor adheres the Museums’
policies and are treated with outstanding customer service.
- Works closely with the Sales Representative to ensure
that the production elements of the events can be executed in line with the
contractual agreements and internal work orders.
- In consultation with supervisor, adapts work processes
to be consistent with organizational, department and strategic goals and
raises challenges encountered during implementation.
- Adheres to the Museums’ values and acts in an ethical
- Documents outcomes, applies evaluation approaches and
provides input on methods for improving the performance of the function or
- Identifies needed supplies and submits restocking
requests to appropriate supervisor or coordinator.
- Participates in department, division and
cross-departmental program meetings as appropriate; provides input as needed.
- In conjunction with supervisor, assists in the training
of new team leads and event assistants; acts in a professional manner and
uses discretion when handling issues arising during events, and reporting all
incidents and complaints to the supervisor in a timely manner
- Greets and welcomes all guests to the Museums with a
positive, enthusiastic and professional attitude and appearance at all times
- Resolves client and vendor concerns in a professional
and timely manner.
This position has the following requirements:
- One or more years’ experience coordinating events for a
non-profit or corporate organization or in a related-capacity
- One year customer service experience
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required; bachelor’s
- Must be able to work weekends, including Fridays,
evenings and holidays and be willing to work at any of the Natural History
Family of Museums
- Demonstrated ability to work with others on teams,
across an organization and external audiences; ability to collaborate
effectively with all levels within an organization
- Must act with integrity and possess the ability to
carry oneself with a professional demeanor and decorum
- Strong communications and organizational skills; must
be able to communicate clearly on written documents
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to analyze data related to a specific program
or function and be able to self-analyze own work for reflection and future
- Experience using a personal computer and knowledge of a
variety of office softwares, including MS Office, Google Suite and Outlook.
- Must possess valid driver’s license
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles
County is seeking employees who have demonstrated experience and
commitment working with a diverse community. Salary is commensurate with
experience plus excellent benefits. This is a full-time, regular, non-exempt
A cover letter,
current resume, and list of 3-4 references are required for all
applicants. Review of
applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
candidates please visit www.nhm.org/jobs and click the
link of the position for which you are interested.
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Please- No
Phone Calls, Faxes, or Emails.