Building Guard - UNION
Primary Purpose of Position:
Insure and maintain security and life safety standards under the direction of management and subject to specific building rules.
- Maintain security and life safety standards in accordance with security guidelines established by the company.
- Available for 1) various shifts, 2) to fill in for other personnel, and 3) to occasionally work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays to ensure adequate building coverage.
- Promote and contribute toward overall effort in maintaining a high standard in the operation and safety of the building as well as positive tenant relations through daily work practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Pursuant to the terms of the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement:
- Preference shall be given to those employees already employed in the building based upon the employee’s seniority, but training, ability, and appearance, where required, shall also be considered
- If a present employee cannot fill a job vacancy, the vacancy shall be filled by using the Union Section of the New York state Placement Bureau
- An individual selected to fill this position must become a member of the Union after the thirtieth day following employment
- A High School diploma or equivalent educational certification preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of military, police, or security experience, or specific educational background in a related field.
- A background clear of prior convictions of criminal acts that could potentially place the building at risk.
- Possess and maintain all licenses required, including but not limited to:
- NY State Security Guard Registration
- Deputy Fire Safety Director Certificate
- Any other license or certification as from time to time may be required by state, local law, or ordinance
- Exhibit a willingness to learn.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and as a productive member of a team.
- Ability to organize and coordinate responsibilities efficiently.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, tenants, and vendors.
- Basic computer skills necessary to operate computer for general day to day work.
- Ability to demonstrate exemplary tenant relations and provide excellent customer service.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach and use arms to perform tasks.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Often required to sit; may be required to climb stairs.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision and distance vision.
- Involves movement between departments, buildings, and floors to facilitate work.