Tool & Cutter Grinder
US - Industrial Tools Group - Hydraulic Tools
State / Country / Province
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we’ve got a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn’t stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future.
Stanley Infrastructure is the world’s largest handheld hydraulic tool manufacturer and we’re a worldwide market leader. We deliver over 150 handheld hydraulic tools and over 30 mounted impact tools. And these are the tools that build your world.
The Tool and Cutter Grinder inspects, sharpens and makes cutting tools in a safe manner within quality standards. The successful candidate is able to maintain inventory and ensures that there are the appropriate amount of sharp tools to support machining jobs.
The successful candidate who performs well in this role will have growth opportunities available within the business. Learn more about the Stanley Infrastructure business at www.stanleyinfrastructure.com and learn more about Stanley Black & Decker at www.stanleyblackanddecker.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain cutting tools; keep in good working order.
• Maintain purchases within budgeted levels while ensuring that suppliers meet the needs of tool grinding.
• Manage inventory and supplies for the tool room.
• Support EHS by inspecting grinders and document daily.
• Ability to manage supplier relationships that foster partnership while minimizing costs, improving service and maximizing quality.
• Conduct light machine maintenance, such as checking oil and filling oil and coolant.
• Adhere to 5S+1 program.
• Must adhere to all safety programs including use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Keep tool room organized and clean.
• Participates in Continuous Improvement and LEAN activities.
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in a Machine Shop environment.
• Ability to communicate and work cross-functionally with teams (example- Machine Shop, Manufacturing Engineering, Maintenance, etc.)
• Computer proficiency in MS office applications.
• Must be organized and able to meet deadlines.
• Continuous standing and lifting/lowering
• Intermittent walking, use of hand/wrist, and bending/twisting
• Occasionally pushing/pulling, and crouching
• Must carry 1 to 40 pounds occasionally
• 40 pounds or more lifting device available
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.