Talent Acquisition University Specialist and Recruiter
Become a personal contributor in our mission to connect the world. Viasat's employees innovate in an environment that encourages collaboration while challenging the status quo. Join the industry leader in satellite communication and technology and take control of your career.
Our culture empowers us to do the right thing and explore technology that will benefit people across the globe. It is uniquely ViaSat and, intentionally, not like any other company.
The Talent Acquisition – University Relations & Recruiting Team
Join our team and you will quickly see we are a group of innovative, driven, and creative people who like to have some fun at work! We leverage our experience every day to help one another, and push each other to always find a better way. Partnering with the business leaders to proactively build talent pipelines for the future growth of Viasat is our mission. Join as an ambassador of our brand and help us identify, attract, and retain the best Viasat employees. We can achieve so much as individuals, but so much more as a team!
- Participate in the design, implementation and execution of university specific recruiting strategies to attract and hire top university talent and meet hiring goals.
- Plan, promote, and execute a variety of events on campus to connect with students and create a buzz about our career opportunities.
- Collaborate with team members and business leaders to understand the talent needs and develop long term candidate pipelines to support the growth of Viasat.
- Seamlessly connect high potential candidates with hiring teams and facilitate the interview, offer, and hiring process from start to finish.
- Conduct thorough behavioral based interviews and phone screen interviews to assess and select qualified candidates.
- Critically evaluate hiring processes to optimize the university recruiting function and help create a best-in-class team.
- Collect and analyze data and present meaningful findings to business leaders. Be a strategic talent partner and advise leaders in making data- driven decisions.
- Participate in the planning and execution of Viasat’s summer internship recruiting event and activity calendar
- Maintain required data reports and performance metrics.
- Serve as a brand ambassador and develop collaborative partnerships at target universities with key faculty, professors, administration, and student organizations, to help increase Viasat’s on campus brand awareness.
- At least 3 years’ experience in human resources, talent acquisition, recruiting, or a related field.
- Ability to think strategically and consider the long term goals of the talent strategy.
- Previous experience with an ATS, EMS, CRM (preferably Avature).
- Extremely flexible, proactive, and able to shift priorities as needed.
- Strong project management and organization skills.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment and ability to work with an agile team.
- Ability to meaningfully connect with students individually and articulate our business and our brand.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Passion for working with students.
- Patience and confidence to work through ambiguous situations.
- Active listening skills.
- Ability and desire to research and understand the business needs and existing talent market.
- Knowledge of the academic cycle and campus recruiting procedures and practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident
- Bachelors degree in communication, psychology, business, marketing, or related field.
- University recruiting experience (internship and full time) is strongly preferred.
- Experience with event planning.
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Excel.
Our Marlborough office is an extension of our Carlsbad, CA Engineering Center. The office provides a start-up feel with the stability of a larger company. Marlborough lies 35 miles west of Boston, close enough to enjoy a quick visit to Boston (car or train), but far enough to take advantage of the tree covered ridges and all they have to offer including hiking, biking, running and skiing. Come enjoy the four seasons, swim in the summer, hike in the fall (great colors), skate & ski (downhill & cross country) in the winter, and watch the trees and flowers return in the spring. So, come live in the country, enjoy the seasons, and visit Boston when you have the urge for the city.
We are searching for candidates who enjoy working with people and have a technical mind that excels when being challenged. If you have a drive to succeed and grow your career, Viasat might be a fit for you!
ViaSat is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for certain positions. For positions requiring U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status, verification of such status will be required upon accepting employment.