Hearst Digital Media (HDM) is seeking a Senior Marketing Manager to lead a newly developed Retail Center of Excellence (COE) within our Marketing organization. In this role, the Senior Manager will be responsible for creating revenue-generating, industry-leading solutions that leverage the editorial power and integrity of all 26 Hearst brands to meet key client objectives for across drugstore, retail fashion, home, tech and grocery categories. This role will report to the Director of Lifestyle & Design DBU, and partner with Sales leads to take on unique marketplace challenges and craft industry-leading solutions to increase existing business and capture new revenue opportunities.
As Hearst is working to bring together content, targeting, data and technology to change the way we service and support the retail category, this role will work to spearhead new solutions to the challenges that face the industry. The ideal candidate will be an experienced digital strategist who loves the challenge of innovating in the publishing and retail space as well as partnering with internal stakeholders and external partners to develop first-of-their-kind initiatives.
This candidate’s deep understanding of our clients’ business objectives and analytical mindset will shape future strategies through forward-thinking, data-driven insights and recommendations as well as provide industry-thought-leadership on the retail marketplace to the larger HDM organization.
Responsibilities of the Role:
• Ideate, develop and present custom solutions in response to digital and integrated (print + digital) RFPs, collaborating with Sales, Ad Product & Solutions, Content Marketing, Editorial, Ad Operations, Media Planning, Project Management, Digital and Print colleagues throughout process
• Collaborate with Data Product and Audience Solutions teams to drive creation of creative and first-to-market/HDM solutions
• Customize HDM GPs and use them as a foundation for capabilities updates, business overviews and forecast conversations
• Proactively identify high-touch, cross-platform and content-driven opportunities that will serve as compelling thought-starters for client conversations and that generate potential increase of overall advertiser spend
• Facilitate turnover of sold digital program to Project Manager
• Monitor post-sales execution process and develop compelling digital campaign case studies and program recaps
• Stay abreast of the marketplace competition and digital innovations
The ideal candidate will be:
• A creative thinker with the ability to work cross-functionally to develop scalable solutions for clients
• An excellent writer that can communicate creative ideas in a clear, concise and engaging manner who can also master different brand voices
• A self-starter who has demonstrated success dealing with ambiguity and solving problems
• Possesses excellent presentation skills with the ability to engage and excite clients in a polished and professional manner
• Knowledgeable about the media world with specific experience with data solutions, audience targeting and analytics as fundamental components to marketing strategy development
• Able to manage multiple deadlines and meeting requests across departments
• Comfortable and excited to lead the development/strategic direction of high-level pitch presentations
• Able to successfully interface with senior-level internal stakeholders
Candidates must have at least 3+ years of experience in a marketing capacity. Ideal candidate has experience in digital and has written proposals in an ad sales marketing role.
All candidates must attach resume to be considered.