Requisition ID: 207822
Establishes a leadership position in the areas of HSE across the Project. Integrates all aspects of Health, Safety, and Environmental, (HSE) (including medical and industrial hygiene), processes, procedures, systems, methods and policies critical to the success of HSE on the Project.
- Promotes integrity, technical competence, and commitment to HSE on the Project.
- Provides relevant HSE support to studies (i.e. HAZID, ENVID, HAZOP, SIL.SIMOPS, Occupational Health Risk Assessment, H2S Detection, Emergency Preparedness & Response arrangements, Site Assessment Studies, Project Risk Assessments, etc.).
- Ensures that HSE deliverables (i.e. HSE Plan, contract requirements and evaluations, etc.) and relevant support services are produced and provided to schedule in accordance with established policies, systems, processes, procedures and methods, Client and/or host country requirements and Regulations and presents to the PMT as necessary.
- Collaborates with the Client and provides status reports as necessary.
- Leads meetings, as necessary, with Client, Project team members, and contractors/subcontractors to communicate Project-specific HSE risk assessments and mitigation plans, training programs, and technical reports; Liaises with the Project Security Manager as required.
- Manages the H2S Awareness Communication Programme
- Manages and conducts Project accident investigations and notifications; documents factors contributing to an incident and ensures the preparation of required reports.
- Provides direction and support as appropriate for Project HSE orientation and training of Project personnel.
Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Safety and Health, or related science/engineering from an accredited college or university or Nebosh Diploma or equivalent; CMIOSH, MASSE or equivalent;10 years’ experience in the Oil & Gas sector.
- Experience in producing an overall Project HSE Plan incorporating relevant Client (preferably ADNOC), Bechtel, Legal and Regulatory requirements and National and International Standards for EPC Contractors to align too.
- Experience in managing and/or providing technical oversight of Contractors and/or Consultants
- Experience in working on-site preferably as a Project/Lead ESH Manager and in particular, the Middle East with multi-national work teams in EPC and PMC roles/Projects.
- Experience in providing technical oversight of HSE Advisors and/or Contractors and/or Consultants
- Experience in safety inspections/assessments during construction. Knowledge of hazardous materials and physical risk exposures and Personal Protective Equipment standards as well as People Based Safety processes and procedures.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.