Position Responsibilities: Programmer Analyst
Support Compass Upgrade and new projects for FIS
Responsibilities would include:
To work as a member of a project implementation/ support team in close co-operation with clients, systems development engineers and project manager. The job responsibilities would include:
Supporting FIS Projects:
• Working with internal teams, client teams, project managers, understand and analyse the client’s requirements
• Working with the Client to configure the application in terms of the Clients requirements.
• Documenting the Clients requirements in appropriately formatted technical specifications (high level and low level design & development specification)
• Assisting in obtain sign off on the requirements from the Client.
• Presenting the Client’s requirements to the Design and development Team such that the requirements are fully understood.
• Participating in design sessions for new functionality.
• Code development based on client requirement & coding standards
• Assisting in the development of appropriate test plans, both at a functional level and a regression testing level, as required.
• Provide support to the client on all technical and production support issues around the application.
• Assisting the Business Analysts in resolving production issues as and when they arise.
• Real-world experience of working in commercial software development projects in one of more technologies;
- COBOL/Micro Focus COBOL
- Hands on PL/SQL
• Technical expert in Oracle version 9i and above.
• Knowledge on insurance and experience on some insurance policy admin system
• Extensive knowledge of SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Views, Database Triggers in a UNIX environment.
• Knowledge of C, Microfocus COBOL, Oracle Forms 6i, Reports 6i, PRO*COBOL and PRO*C.
• Knowledge of Oracle Application Server 10g, Oracle Forms 10g and Reports 10g is a plus.
• An understanding of relational database security including role-based security is a plus.
• Experience with Oracle performance turning
• Working experience with Unix operating systems and proficiency with Unix scripting.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving/trouble shooting abilities and following best practices.
• Knowledge of operating systems like Windows NT/2000 and Sun Solaris, etc. is a plus.
• Experience/understanding of Internet technologies, J2EE, working knowledge of JAVA, familiarity with XML is a plus.
Depending on the client, the incumbent may be the first line of support.
Additional Notes –
• A minimum of four years technical and systems analysis experience in a large-scale system development environment.
• System Project life cycle experience is a plus.
• Ability to work as part of a team as well being individually motivated.
• Ability to set correct level expectations and deliver on those expectations.
• Well-developed written and verbal communications and effective interpersonal skills.
• Proven self- starter with initiative to seek information and solve problems.
• Successful within multi-tasking environment.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work with external clients.
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.