Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
As part of the Regulatory Platform Technology organization, this role expects high standards of engineering excellence with strong conceptual understanding in design, develop, test and maintain large scale systems that helps PayPal satisfy the standards/policy requirements of the regulatory agencies in countries that PayPal operates in.
- Work with business users to define the key business requirements and translate them into process/technical solutions
- Ensure that the software system meets/adheres to relevant industry standards
- Formulate efficient tradeoffs between Requirements and a low Time-To-Production.
- Own and drive design, development and delivery of features.
- Prototype ideas quickly using cutting edge technologies.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Identify reusable components and have logical/physical separation to scale individually
- Prepare and review Design/Architectural changes to improve productivity and for better customer experience
- Engage in recruitment process to identify top talent
- Mentor and develop junior engineers
- Experience in large scale HADR Cloud-based systems
- Produce technical design specifications and guidance to the appropriate detail, acting as an advisor to a zone and/or multiple charters
- Own technical approach to solving problems, tech backlog for your zone
- Produce documentation proving the value of proposed solutions and providing paths to implementation
- Define architecture for the platform/product, build and update the roadmap to achieve this architecture.
- Exhibits mastery of a few functional zones and multiple pieces of the application
- Provide a vision of the core framework of technology services and the components for your product which enable reuse by the technology teams
- Build vs. Buy vs. Adopt: Cultivate awareness and opportunities for new & existing open source technologies; understand where & how to leverage them, or when its more appropriate to build from scratch.
- Use techniques such as prototype (e.g. 4+1 architecture) and analytics to demonstrate value of solutions
- 10+ years of solid experience in all facets of SDLC, primarily with object-oriented languages such as JAVA/J2EE
- Extensive experience in designing, documenting, and implementing advanced software processes and process improvement tools.
- Strong experience in applying advanced object-oriented design and development principles
- Hands on experience in developing data-driven applications using an industry standard RDBMS (Oracle, DB2, etc.), including strong data architecture
- Well versed with distributed computing technologies (Hadoop, spark), RESTful API and multi-threaded programming
- Familiar with Unix/Linux, SQL, NOSQL technologies
Nice to Have
- Experience in online payments and Regulatory domains is a plus
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.