The Director, Business Product Operations serves as Chief Business Product Owner and is responsible for the management of capability process initiatives supporting an entire system or department. This role is responsible to lead a dynamic team, understand business levers impacting productivity, quality and efficiency, and drive cross-functional project management.
- Manage Product / Business Development lifecycle by providing leadership and guidance to teams on responsible portfolio level initiatives.Ensure overall goals/objectives are achieved related to overall assigned portfolio.Work with functional/business leader, operational leaders, and technology leaders to mitigate issues and review areas for opportunities.Lead teams to develop confident opportunities that supports the overall roadmap.Provide leadership balance and support to teams working on incremental initiatives to transformative initiatives.Ability to create multi-year plans with support from senior management.
- Direct and develop capability business performance metrics.Define business KPI’s that are related to capabilities that are being performed by Express Scripts systems.Manage business KPI’s to ensure right trends are being performed.Lead metric meetings within the key areas for trend reviews with key partners.Leverage data to come up with new opportunities for improvement.Partner with technology and analytics teams to develop new data sources for KPI’s currently not in place.
- Establish, manage and lead development plans for teams.Understand skill gaps or development needs.Leverage best practices to incorporate into team development.
- Identify key accountable outcomes/scope.Owns a defined capability or product area (from overall product health and value).Ability to manage portfolio level initiatives at any given time.Owner of all artifacts of the defined product development lifecycle.Mitigate portfolio or theme level escalations and appropriate cross-functional mitigation.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience; Master’s Degree preferred
- 10-15 years of relevant experience PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Agile Product Owner Certification a plus
- Strong prior knowledge or experience in business planning, financial planning or other like functions
- Strong knowledge of customer service/patient interaction experience and/or pharmacy related processes
- Strong understanding and ability to write business requirements
- Strong prior knowledge of project management or program management execution
- Strong technical understanding to determine value, prioritization and/or critical problem solving skills
- Knowledge of the PBM or healthcare industry preferred
- Thorough understanding of business operations and processes required
- Strong understanding of financial models and forecasting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Advanced problem-solving skills with the ability to work cross functionally to resolve issues and generate results among potentially conflicting constituencies
- Ability to effectively operate within a fast pace, dynamic organization
- Ability to influence and build strong relationship across the organization
- Ability to effectively work within a complex, matrix environment
- Create a culture and team dynamic to maximize a team environment.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Our Operations Division enables the organization to reach its business goals by optimizing operational performance. They accomplish this through a shared service model, utilizing specialized resources and providing cross-functional insight to ensure quality and consistency for our members and clients.
This group is made up of several key teams including Strategic Initiatives, Analytics, Quality & Process Improvement and Member & Home Delivery Services.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.