This role will be HR Business Partner for our new state of the art single use multi-product biotech facility in Dunboyne, County Meath, Ireland. This facility will manufacture enzyme replacement and antibody-based therapies for Shire, the leading global biotech company focussed on rare diseases. The overall responsibility for this role will be to lead the culture development that creates an employee experience that drives engagement and attracts and retains the talent to help create value for our patients. This is a critical role within the site.
Hear some of the team you will be apart speak at our recent career fair https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn46Icyp0sY&feature=youtu.be
- Develop deliver and embed a robust learning culture where employees can be at their best.
- Design, manage and continuously improve programmes that enhance the employee life cycle experience ( onboarding, early development, career pathing, succession planning)
- Collaborate and influence the Global Shire organisation ( HR Business partners, Centre of Excellence and HR services ) to drive alignment and delivery of HR and site goals
- Drive a high performance organizational culture that accommodates rapid growth and highly dynamic expectations, ensuring attainment of site operational and people development goals.
- Coach managers and help them be effective leaders and great coaches for their people
- Apply best known methods to drive a continuos improvement in Employee engagement.
- Be a key go to person for all employees as part of their personal development and growth.
- Strategic Business partners for a number of site leaders and their teams and become a key influencer in shaping and supporting business strategy.
- Key safety leader on site and a passionate advocate of everyone owning safety as a fundamental in our culture
- In depth technical expert of company development programmes and promoting and delivering direction to all employees.
- Owner of the strategy development and deployment process that allows every employee a line of sight to the site objectives.
- Provide Organisation Design expertise to value streams to ensure we continually maintain optimum work design to meet the business needs.
- Lead organisation talent reviews that build succession pipeline that drives clear robust employee develop plans to deliver business requirements and allows employees to continue on their career development pathway.
- Create an environment of right first time in everything that we do through a focus on principles of lean, including simplication, standard work, visual management and a learning organisation.
- Responsible for providing signposting for employees and managers to maximise the effectiveness and application of key global processes in performance management, succession planning , attraction and retention.
- Keeping the site Vision Values and behaviours alive through in depth personal connection with all site employees.
- Owning and driving key initiatives that continually challenge the status quo in the organisation and in employees to become the best they can be.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with legal, EHS and all Shire policies and procedures which are applicable to the site.
- Be an ambassador for the Shire leadership behaviours of accountability, be positive, results driven and excellent manager of self and others.
- Role model the behaviours that creates a culture of respect and dignity in line with the Shire Guide of ethical conduct.
- Coaching & mentoring people managers to facilitate fair consistent and effective people solutions.
- Own the site communication plan development and implementation. Consistently reviews for continuous improvement and creative approach.
- Driving our corporate social responsibility initiatives and engaging with employees and local stakeholders to ensure programme adds real value to participants.
- Own the Wellness programme as part of our ongoing Employee Value Proposition.
Education and Experience Requirements
- BA Degree level qualified in HR or business management or equivalent work experience A post-graduate qualification (MSc. or MBA) is desired.
- CIPD Graduate or equivalent is essential.
- At least 8+ years experience as a Multinational HR generalist either in manufacturing, Biophamacetical or pharma industry or equivalent where HR leading edge practice was the norm.
- Strong customer service focus with a sense of urgency and excellent follow through.
- Team player able to contribute through collaboration.
- Master practitioner and practical application of HR policies.
- Proven ability at delivering coaching to managers and employees
- Experience leading development programmes that deliver enhanced capability across all employees.
- Ability to gain strong credibility and be viewed by customers as a valuable resource.