The Analytics Platform Administrator will serve as the key engineer overseeing various aspects of the SAS & Open Source environment at Synchrony Financial. This individual will also be the primary contact & subject matter expert for the SAS & Open Source user community, maintaining regular communications and planning sessions with key stakeholders.
- Oversee key aspects of the SAS Grid and SAS VA environments: installation, patching, backup, access control, day-to-day monitoring. Coordinate with other teams (e.g. storage, UNIX administration, network) as needed including metadata.
- Conduct root cause analysis for performance, outage, and process issues and drive team to implement solutions, preventative actions, controls, and monitoring
- Manage hardware and software LCM initiatives including business engagement, interface, application, performance, and end-user testing while ensuring no adverse impact.
- Proactively identify and incorporate new sources of data and analytic techniques to enhance the team’s capabilities and drive results.
- Manage daily issue and request tickets, drive Run environment improvements, and make appropriate recommendations working with Manager, vendor teams, and end-users.
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 3 years of IT experience Or in lieu of Degree, a High School Diploma/GED and 7 years of experience with system administration/programming (Java/J2EE) and large cluster management, distributed computing experience.
- 3 or more years’ experience administering in SAS Environment – GRID/BI/VA.
- Experience migrating SAS platform and metadata to new versions or hardware
- 3 or more years of Web Logic and Apache experience.
- 3 or more years’ experience in and knowledge of the LINUX operating system.
- 3 or more years’ experience supporting SAS data sourcing and reporting deliveries.
- Strong analytical, communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
- For Internal Candidates: Understand the criteria or mandatory skills required for the role, before applying
- Inform your Manager or HRM before applying for any role on Workday.
- Ensure that your Professional Profile is updated (fields such as Education, Prior experience, Other skills) and it is mandatory to upload your updated resume (Word or PDF format)
- Those who are on Formal/Final Formal Corrective or PIP are not eligible to apply
- Employees who have completed 18 months in SYF and 12 months in current role are only eligible
- Last performance rating should be at least Strong Contributor/Critical Talent.
- SAS Certified Platform Administrator
- Completed SAS Platform training
- Familiarity with Tableau, Python, R, Hadoop & other Open Source analytics tools
- Experience monitoring and working with off-shore teams, directing their activities and being accountable for results
- Experience in project management methodology (PPM)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to influence clients, team members, management, and external groups
- Flexible in work assignments and willingness to help others
- Effectively manage meetings; create open communication and foster idea exchange
Job Family Group: