At Nordstrom, people who know our business, achieve their goals and are ready to take on more responsibility have the opportunity for a rewarding career. We are looking for a motivated individual to help support a team while achieving personal sales goals.
The ideal assistant department manager is skilled at using directive selling, sets and achieves sales goals and is committed to providing an exceptional customer experience. If you are interested in the opportunity to help support a team, we want to help you get there.
- Use directive selling to meet or exceed your Sell More, Make More goal
- Build personal trade by developing and maintaining relationships with customers
- Assist the department manager in achieving department volume and productivity goals by developing and executing a business plan
- Coach salespeople to meet or exceed their Sell More, Make More goals
- Ensure salespeople are delivering outstanding customer service by teaching, coaching and leading by example
- Act as a fashion role model and product knowledge expert for the customer
- Acquire fitter certification
- Partner with the department manager to ensure the customer receives the best quality, value and selection
- Work with the department manager to ensure merchandising and presentation standards are met
- Assist the department manager in ensuring accurate inventory management and achieve shrinkage goals
- Assist the department manager in authorizing and regulating the processing of customer medical/insurance information for the prosthesis program
Have a high school diploma, or equivalent (preferred)
Track record of successful results, for example, strong productivity, personal trade, etc.
- Proven ability to set and achieve sales goals
- Demonstrated success in using directive selling
- Meets or exceeds department-specific expectations
- Ability to use key metrics, such as hot sellers, top vendors, etc., to identify opportunities and drive volume
- Support of current department manager, store manager and/or divisional retail merchandiser required
- Positive evaluation on recent performance reviews
- Proven ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with department and store managers, divisional retail merchandiser and other leaders
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune™ magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For. We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position. Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Department Mgmt - Lingerie/Hosiery
05/18/2018, 2:05:37 PM
United States-New Jersey-Edison