Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
The mission of the Office of HIV/AIDS Network Coordination (HANC) is to support the science and operations of the NIH-funded global HIV/AIDS Clinical Trials Networks by increasing efficiency and resource sharing through cross-network coordination of critical activities. HANC provides a framework for collaboration and improved communication among network staff, DAIDS staff, research site staff, and the many partners and research groups engaged in the NIH research agenda.
The HANC Project Manager reports directly to the HANC Deputy Director and is responsible for managing all HANC Cross-Network Laboratory Coordination-related activities including project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and closing. The incumbent also supports the Cross-Network Coordination-related activities.
Perform some or all of the following responsibilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
• A minimum of three years' experience in project management.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative in a dynamic environment.
• High-level proficiency with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% of the time and work productively while on travel.
• Master’s Degree in a related field.
• Knowledge of human clinical trials, immunology, pharmacology, and/or virology.
• Experience with SharePoint.
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.