As a Tax Senior Associate you will be responsible for the following job duties which are focused around two core concepts; your technical & quality expertise, and delivering excellent client service:
- Preparing tax returns – approximately 25-40% of your time
- Accounting services and outsourced controller services – 25% - 40%
- Develop, motivate, and train staff level and intern team members – approximately 10% of your time
- Detailed review and analysis of Tax returns – approximately 10-15%
- Interact directly with clients handling questions, planning, concerns, etc.
- Performing, documenting, and summarizing research and conclusions regarding specific tax issues – approximately 10% of your time
- Remain up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
- Other duties as assigned
- Some travel may be required
**All percentages may vary based on location, line of business, and client need**
- BA/BS Degree – preferably in Accounting or related field of study
- Must be eligible to sit for the CPA exam –or a licensed JD
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in a public accounting environment
- Experience working closely with clients on accounting and tax engagements
- Experience preparing and reviewing returns including payroll tax returns
- Strong background in general ledger accounting and preparation of financial statements.
- Experience with QuickBooks and other accounting software platforms
- Ability to multi-task and work on a variety of clients and industries
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- CPA, JD, LLM, or EA
- Experience with a public accounting firm
- Working knowledge of tax code and technical aspects of tax preparation and compliance
- Strong technical skills in accounting and tax preparation, review experience a plus
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.