Sunrise, United States
Strategically manage and promote sales culture within a Retail Store to achieve or exceed sales, KPIs, and profitability goals to position PUMA to be the Fastest Sports Brand in the world.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Directly responsible for ensuring the Store consistently achieves or exceeds sales, KPIs and profitability goals through the effective use of short and long term planning, expense control, sales and service.
- Guarantee consistently high standards of customer experience within the Store in accordance with PUMAs Brand Values and service standards.
- Responsible for recruitment, training, development and succession of high performing, results driven Associates and Management.
- Prepare and administer timely and accurate performance appraisals for each member of the store team.
- Hold each member of the store team accountable to meeting / exceeding company expectations through weekly productivity conversations, daily coaching in the moment, performance recognition, and performance action notices as necessary.
- Spends 85% of their working time on the sales floor engaging with consumers, selling, and coaching employees.
- Accountable for payroll control and selling driven scheduling in order to maintain a highly profitable location while providing the highest levels of service to customers.
- Responsible for ensuring training programs, both Domestic and Global (required per the role), are successfully completed to drive results within the store.
- Analyze customer profiles, buying trends, and competitive information to impact and drive business.
- Communicate and provide feedback to Area/District Manager
- Implement, manage and monitor Loss Prevention education, training and awareness programs.
- Directly responsible for execution and processing of both incoming and outgoing merchandise.
- Directly responsible for Loss Prevention and Operational compliance within store.
- Achieve or exceed all Inventory and Shrink goals; oversee and manage Physical Inventory counts.
- Manage and communicate merchandise opportunities to Area or District Manager.
- Communicate, manage and execute all Marketing driven initiatives and events within budget and according to all Policies & Procedures.
- Develop and maintain strong communication with local PR and marketing.
- Participate in new store openings and/or store closings; travel may be required.
- Attend Store Manager Meetings as well as all offsite training and position related meetings as required by Area/District Manager; travel may be required.
- Responsible for accurately processing sales, exchange, and refund transactions at the cash desk, with proper operation of the POS system, handling forms of tender with accuracy and respect, and ensuring proper discounts are applied when applicable. Also, responsible for processing employee transactions while adhering to the Associate Discount Policy & Procedure.
- Ensure execution and maintenance of all Visual Guidelines as well as guaranteeing the visual presentation of the Store always meets or exceeds PUMA standards.
- Maintain physical condition of Store according to relevant guidelines and communicate maintenance needs in a timely manner.
- Required to comply with all Policies & Procedures, operational core competencies and key accountabilities.
- Execute all requirements necessary to maintain a safe and compliant working environment for all Store Associates and Customers
- Required to work non-traditional hours; weekends, evenings, holidays; overtime may be required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Two to four years of management experience in a focused, customer service oriented retail environment (preferably apparel/footwear) with results driven track record
- Proven ability to exceed sales while meeting payroll goals, demonstrated ability to identify, hire, train, develop and retain top talent Managers as well as teams, ability to reason through complex issues, demonstrates effective communication, ability to present information to large groups and facilitate store visits
- Strong interpersonal, communication and motivational skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Practical experience in Project Management, skills in implementing communications methods and event management
- Commercial acumen
- Interest in innovation and change
- PC-skills, MS-Office Knowledge, Outlook, Internet
The ability to constantly walk and move about is required. This role involves frequent stationary standing, reaching, bending/twisting of head, and maintaining balance while walking. The role also requires using ladder/step stool equipment, occasional kneeling, crouching, climbing, bending/stooping at waist/torso and sitting to assist customers. Maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the sales and stock area are also required. Pushing/pulling equipment such as shelving bays, dollies, carts, and racks with up to 20 pounds of force as well as lifting/carrying/placing boxes of product up to 30 pounds in weight at heights up to 131 inches while using a ladder is also required. Use of the following senses are critical to this position: speaking, hearing, near & far acuity, depth perception and field of vision. Cognitive factors critical to this function are: reading comprehension, basic math calculations, writing, complex problem solving and basic computer work. Environmental factors of action include operation of foot controls for operating mobile stock shelving bays and exposure to working at heights.