Software Developer - 12046
Technology and Engineering - India Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Job Title: Data Engineer
● This position is responsible for building analytical solutions using big data analytical technologies
such as R, SparkR, Scala, Python and so on.
● Develops big data analytical solutions for internal and external clients.
● Should have the passion to learn new technologies for building statistical and machine learning
models in big data platforms.
● Should be enthusiastic to learn new methodologies related to wrangling and cleansing of data.
● Works with internal teams to understand requirement of various big data analytics projects.
● Should be able to deliver projects on time with stringent deadlines.
● Should be able to perform assigned tasks with a sense of urgency.
● Should be capable of working as an individual contributor.
● Should have a postgraduate degree in Math/Stat or an undergraduate degree in an Engineering discipline.
● Should be passionate to learn and grow in big data analytics development using tools like SparkR, Scala and so on.
● 2-5 years’ of progressive experience in building complex data analytics solution.
● Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within Data Engineering.
● Ability to handle multiple priorities and simultaneously work on various projects.
● Strong analytical skills.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills.
● Master’s degree in Engineering/Computer Science and related discipline - - Preferred
● Good knowledge about machine learning algorithms and big data analytical solution development. - Preferred
● 2-5 years of hands-on experience in building complex analytical solutions using SAS, SparkR, - Preferred
Scala, and other analytical tools.
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chennai,Tamil Nadu
Secondary Locations: , , ,