Full Stack Java Web Application Engineer (SR878) (Job Number:436752)
- SAIC is looking to fill a position for a mid- career Software Engineer with experience developing web applications using Java Enterprise Edition.
- Opportunities will be made for strong Software Engineers to learn specific technologies with which they are not familiar.
- The candidate will be Designing, implementing, testing, and supporting web applications that enable the customer to perform its responsibilities.
- The position requires knowledge of full stack software engineering as the role will require the engineer to design, implement, and test all layers of the software – databases, business logic, web services, and frontend.
- The organization has a significant focus on improving and expanding its automated test capabilities using technologies such as JUnit, Selenium, and Protractor.
- The position will be on a small team, potentially supporting multiple projects concurrently.
- Develop applications and provide operational support for them and these positions will likely involve both roles.
- Operational support also includes significant software development to fix defects and implement new business capabilities.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or 5 additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of 5 years of recent (within the last year) experience with software development in Java.
- Minimum of 4 years of recent experience with software development of Web.
- Applications in Java Enterprise Edition.
- Recent experience with relational and/or non-relational database design.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for learning new software engineering skills and business domains.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q security clearance (not required to start).
- Existing DOE Q or L security clearance.
- Experience with any of the following: MongoDB non-relational database, Java Server Faces and/or PrimeFaces, Apache ActiveMQ, Apache Kafka, or RabbitMQ, Apache Struts, Jenkins, Maven.
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment.
- Experience working on Agile teams, especially using Scrum or Kanban.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 17, 2018, 9:10:24 PM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Nearest Major Market: Albuquerque
Application Engineering, Engineer, Java, Developer, Database, Engineering, Technology