Oncology Medical Manager Job Posting
At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening up new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
As Oncology Medical Manager based in Costa Rica, you will be responsible for providing accurate and timely medical information/technical knowledge services to internal and external customers and to establish a link for the company through the medical function with external customers in the health care area.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Responsible for provision of high quality medical & scientific expertise on emerging treatment trends via in-depth expert medical and scientific product/disease area discussions and presentations of detailed clinical data in a non-promotional scientific context.
- Serves as a leader to the Oncology Medical Liaisons, providing training and implementing internal standards and processes.
Contribution to Brand Strategy by supporting cross-functional team(s)
- To guarantee the accuracy, objectivity and ethical tone of any scientific/medical claim related to the company´s products
- Creation, validation and/or review of the scientific information within promotional material
- Review/adaptation/creation of abbreviated product monographies for promotional materials
- Development/revision of accurate, updated medical slide kits for the brand´s promotional and non-promotional activities
- Assure a thorough knowledge of the brands by continuous self-study and review of updated scientific literature and attendance to medical congresses
- Proactive medical input to marketing campaigns/activities and marketing annual plans (MEX)
- Development and execution of the medical plan across portfolios in collaboration with the MSLs (ownership of KOL engagement program-international congresses, post congress activities, adv boards,etc)
- MSL strategy planning. Assure continuous updated scientific knowledge level of MSLs
- Active role in local pre-launch activities for products and line extensions. Leading role during product pre-marketing activities
- Product training for external speakers
- Support MSL and local Sales Force training and evaluation.
- Validation of the content of study materials for sales force training (written, e-learnings,).
- Field visits to the local markets for networking, market understanding and KOL engagement.
- Networking with scientific community/societies for development of advocates and advisory boards.
- Involvement in brand regional on-label CME activities (agenda, speaker selection, implementation)
- Implementation of off-label CME activities as required.
- Fulfilling product information requirements for health authorities and health care institutions
- Support the Medical Information Service to answer customer enquiries
- Provide AZ with an understanding of the local medical community landscape, clinical practice trends and real and/or perceived gaps in current scientific knowledge and medical treatment;
- Share HCPs insight and customer needs with cross-functional team;
- Share educational highlights and insight gathered while at scientific congress with colleagues;
- Monitor the competitors’ activities.
- Supervise the implementation of Medical Brand Plans
- Develop the MSL tactical plan aligned to the Brand strategy
Scientific Information Management and Dissemination
- Acts as a regional expert on therapeutic area, supporting the delivery of an effective MSL service through managing the local MSLs.
- Defines and/or delivers trainings for the MSLs in order to keep a high scientific level within the group.
- Accountable of the delivery of internal reports to measure and enhance the effectiveness of the MSL team.
- Perform periodic coaching visits with the MSLs.
- Keep him/herself up-to-date in therapeutic area and product knowledge (including competitors);
- Regular meeting with Opinion Leaders and Influence groups to build partnership, share data, request support and provide support including publications, slide sets;
- Respond to unsolicited requests for information about unapproved AZ products or unapproved uses of approved products, presenting such information in an objective, well balanced, substantiated manner that is scientific in tone and content, free of promotional messages, truthful, and is not misleading when required
- Appropriately share data with HCPs discussing all aspects of the data in a scientific, objective and balanced way;
- Respond to requests by HCPs for information about clinical/ scientific data relating to products in line with local legislation;
- Undertake activities that contribute to the implementation of Risk Minimization Plans;
- Meet with peers regularly for formal shared learning and debrief with affiliate and revise shared objectives;
- Attend scientific meetings.
Building Opinion Leader Relationships
- Identify and partner with national, regional/local Opinion Leaders or advocacy groups for AstraZeneca products;
- Serve as information source for HCPs;
- Work with HCPs as partners in scientific activities that help advance disease understanding and are consistent with Medical Affairs strategy & objectives, such as:
- Identify potential speakers and train speakers as appropriate for local events
- Provide recommendations for advisory board participants and serve as faculty/facilitators for advisory board meetings.
Facilitate Local Clinical Research (as appropriate)
- Participate in development and conduction of local/regional studies (incl. non-interventional studies);
- Upon request, assist with various aspects of local clinical trials, including scientific support, site selection and operational issues or feasibility assessments.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
This role is based in Costa Rica.
Candidate must be Fluent in English and Spanish
Candidate must have at least 1 year in their current role
Medical Degree or Pharmaceutical Degree
At Least 5 years’ experience in similar roles within the Medical Industry