330 W 34th St. 16th Floor, New York, New York 10001
At Web.com, we use cutting-edge technology to give nimble business owners a competitive advantage in their customer interactions. We work on a broad range of business initiatives and objectives by leveraging a wide set of technologies and tools. Our tech stack is based on Java, Angular, Play, and Scala. Our purpose-built applications are designed as microservices and integrate with technologies such as Kafka, Storm, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, and Redis. We have a leading-edge continuous deployment pipeline that leverages Mesos, Docker, Marathon, Puppet, and Bamboo to provide rapid on-demand releases. Our developers, product managers and business representatives work in an agile process to efficiently deliver high value solutions to our small business customers.
A great Engineer at Web.com is:
- Interested in solving challenging business problems with elegant software
- Well-versed in software engineering principles and system design
- A top-notch developer who enjoys building software products and quickly seeing how they work in the real world
- Someone who enjoys working on a team of inspired, interesting and super-smart engineers
- Excited to contribute in a rapidly growing and successful company
- You find passion in helping small businesses compete with the big guys
- You're kind of a data nerd and enjoy tracking and measuring performance to figure out ways to improve (and to find interesting patterns)
- You know how to have fun while you work
What you'll do at Web.com:
- Work on everything from backend, user-interface, and content management to messaging, database systems, and web services. You'll design, code, test and run the systems
- Solve complex and challenging business problems with cutting edge technologies
- Innovate. We constantly improve our core products and turn a prescient eye to the industry
- Mentor Junior Engineers in best practices
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Lead Technical Trainings
- · Assist in the recruiting process
- Excellent coding and design skills. You make software that works and can be tested and maintained.
- BA/BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- 8+ years' experience.
- SQL proficiency, particularly PostgreSQL, is nice