A9.com, an Amazon company, creates powerful, customer-focused search and advertising solutions and technologies. Our Visual Search team creates solutions aimed at helping customers search and discover the world around them via a camera-phone view. We use advanced technologies to leverage our vast catalog of images in ways that dramatically improve the experience of Amazon customers. We tackle complex problems in computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, and large-scale distributed systems.
As a Mobile Development Intern on the Visual Search team you will have the opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day by people you know. Our team is building exciting new iPhone and Android applications including the camera features and the groundbreaking augmented reality experiences in the Amazon mobile app. You will develop features for the app, create prototypes demonstrating new computer vision technology, improve our mobile data collection, and help us ship these updates to our customers. Our teams work on a broad range of code: taking in data from the camera, handling network requests to our backend services, and creating UI to interact with the vision systems.
At A9, you'll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading internet companies. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our office located in Atlanta, Georgia.
· Pursuing a bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical discipline
· A minimum of two years of programming experience with Objective-C or Java
· Experience developing for iOS, OS X or Android
· Experience in C++ or Objective C++
· Excellent communication skills, strong work ethic, and a strong desire to write production-quality code
· Prior internship experience where you have demonstrated an ability to work in teams, problem solve and communicate effectively regarding technical projects
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.