Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek - so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com .
Agilent Research Laboratories is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced and skilled scientist to work in Petach Tikvah, Israel, as part of an international, innovative multidisciplinary team developing next generation technologies for life science research and diagnostics. Agilent Laboratories computational teams focus on informatics, algorithmic, statistical and visualization aspects of technologies and systems under development. The focus of this position will be developing novel artificial intelligence based approaches and algorithms for accurate analysis and interpretation of high volume measurement data, including high resolution imaging data. Therefore, we are seeking a researcher to build upon strong expertise in artificial intelligence and computer science. In this way, the successful candidate will help Agilent Laboratories continue its track record of powering the growth of Agilent Technologies through breakthrough science and technology.
As part of this effort, the successful candidate will:
- in collaboration with other members of the team, use deep expertise in computer science, machine learning, including in deep learning, statistics and broad understanding of life science measurement systems to technically lead the invention, investigation, development and early application, of state of the art informatics, data analytics and data visualization tools and approaches to significantly enhance the practice of measurement data interpretation for biological and diagnostic applications.
- propose and define new and compelling projects that investigate the potential and demonstrate the promise of existing and invented tools and approaches
- communicate progress, results, challenges and opportunities to management and technical leadership, to selected external organizations, including collaborators, and, when appropriate, to the general scientific community via presentations at scientific conferences and in peer-reviewed publication
- PhD or equivalent research experience in Data Science, Computer Science or similar field.
- 2+ years of post-graduate research experience
- Demonstrated expertise in developing novel machine learning approaches, including deep learning based approaches
- Ability to provide technical leadership in artificial intelligence
- Demonstrated expertise in programming language commonly used for data science, such as Python, R or MATLAB, and in state of the art machine learning tools such as TensorFlow, PyTorch or Keras
- Advanced knowledge of statistics and numerical/computational methods
- Expertise and hands-on experience in Cloud computing, GPU computing and in using multi-node compute clusters
- Self-motivated researcher able to work from broad objectives, detailed oriented and with strong problem-solving skill
- Strong track record of innovation and scientific contribution as shown by peer-reviewed journal publications
- Demonstrated excellence in communication and working collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent leadership skills
- Flexibility in work hours to accommodate interaction with geographically distributed co-workers and collaborators.
- Experience in applying convolutional neural networks for image classification or image segmentation
- Experience in signal and image processing
- Good understanding of analytical laboratory instrumentation
- Understanding of measurement technologies underlying Agilent products
- Expertise in Matlab
- Passion for developing effective data visualizations
- Experience with scalable, state-of-the-art data exploration and visualization tools
- Experience with computer vision algorithms
- Experience developing production software in a corporate environment or delivering research prototypes to such organizations
Petach Tikva, Israel