Does working for one of the world's leading providers of money transfer services sound exciting to you? Would you like to be part of a fun and vibrant team that coordinates global direct customer communication for Western Union customers around the world?
We’re seeking a Senior Analyst, Customer Analytics based in our Vilnius office. In this role You will have to lead, maintain and enhance customer data systems and processes supporting the Global Analytics and Insights.
Sounds interesting? Here are some specifics:
- Solve business problems by proposing and implementing solutions with the latest data science and big data technologies
- Perform advanced data queries and data analysis. Document the analysis by creating a knowledge article
- Design, implement, automate and maintain large scale enterprise data ETL processes; Modify existing code in support of data analytics processes
- Identify opportunities to automate and optimize recurring analytics operations issues, keeping business priorities in consideration
- Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications
- Participate in UAT and provide required sign offs to the IT technical teams
- Support strategic initiatives as needed by providing technical, analytical and business requirements
What you will need to succeed:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- Knowledge of the ETL process and ETL tool like TALEND STUDIO
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language
- Have in-depth understanding of the data flow across disperse systems, best practices involved in maintaining data integrity, cross-platform reporting and reconciliation
- Proficient and experience working in database technologies like Oracle, PL/SQL, Netezza SQL (or any query language)
- Ability to monitor and investigate production daily/weekly jobs for any failures and fix them as needed
- Experience in reporting tools like Tableau, Power BI
What will make you stand out:
- Experience working in a startup and large corporate environment is a plus
- Hands on experience analyzing the data, identify the root causes and provide recommendations for any data fixes. Good documentation skills on the data analyzed as well as maintain data dictionary.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Experience using UNIX/LINUX as a platform to automate any of the SQL scripts and any ETL jobs in TALEND as needed
What’s in it for you?
- Ongoing learning and career development opportunities
- Ability to be involved in process improvements, initiatives and project work
- An interesting multicultural working environment
- Ability to collaborate and link across borders with sector and technical experts in all parts of our business supported by cutting edge technology and systems
- An attractive base salary is on offer depending on skills and experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package
- As a member of our team you will be also be involved in our global employee recognition program
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our consumers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sounds like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category.