BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
What is Aladdin and the Aladdin Product Group (APG)
When BlackRock was started in 1988, its founders envisioned a company that combined the best of financial services with cutting edge technology. A company that would provide financial services to clients as well as technology services to other financial firms. The technology services were called Aladdin. The Aladdin Product Group is responsible for evolving and keeping Aladdin at the fore-front with the latest in next generation technology and solutions.
We also like to give back to the community through volunteering, meet-ups, hackathons, and support for open source initiatives. Check out our engineering culture: rockthecode.io
Aladdin Product Group-BOES group is seeking a talented Lead Development engineer to join our Governance Risk & Compliance systems team. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working with very large volumes of extremely complex/dynamic structured/unstructured data. You should be passionate about working with Machine Learning models and have the aptitude and interest to incorporate new technologies/models and evaluate them critically. You should have excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with subject matter experts to develop and define key business questions and build solutions. You are a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, and working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
As a team, we nurture and develop a culture that is:
In this role you will be part of a team of high caliber engineers leading effort to build compliance/regulatory models, investment transaction/market surveillance models, Financial crime surveillance models & fraud detectors, electronic communication surveillance models using big data technologies such as Apache Spark, Hive/Hadoop, distributed query engines and Graph Databases. The position will be an individual interested in the field of DATA, data science, data visualization solutions, and case management workflow capabilities.
• Work with product manager, business owners and engineers in all phases of the whole software development lifecycle, including: requirement gathering, application design, system development, testing and implementation
• Work closely with senior members of the team, end users and client support teams to provide support and better understand user requests
• Lead development efforts to design and build reusable technologies
• Provide ongoing support and maintenance of existing application/models functionality, and assist in the diagnosis and resolution of critical production issues.
• Lead efforts to develop project estimates and plans
• Improve performance and scalability via testing and optimization
• 10+ years of Experience with programming languages such as Perl, Python, Scala, Java
• 5+ years of experience in building data pipelines for surveillance or other compliance use cases.
• Experience with data science and ML model development is a plus.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong foundation in Object-Oriented Analysis and Design as well as Design Patterns
• Experience with market surveillance, financial crime surveillance is a plus
• Bachelors or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related discipline
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.