Twitch Security is the team charged with measuring, understanding, and improving Twitch’s security posture and culture, anchored by a core tenet to defend the customer and their data. We’re looking for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join the Twitch Security team and help lead its company-wide initiatives.
TPMs at Twitch apply their technical and organizational skills to correctly capture requirements, plan for dependencies, and make their teams more efficient. They know how to apply technology to solve problems. The Security TPM role is both diplomat and advocate, and is trusted to represent the Twitch Security team to both customers and stakeholders, internal and external. You will help define goals, measure progress, manage dependencies, and clear blockers.
Twitch Security is early in its roadmap and the successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to apply the lessons of their past successes and failures to a growing program. You will solve new problems unique to Twitch as well as old favorites, and help build a company-wide security culture focused on protecting the customer.
You’ll find a Requirements section below. If you meet all these then we strongly encourage you to apply. If you meet some of them but think this role sounds like something you’d be great at, we strongly encourage you to apply. If you meet just one of them but think you bring something unique to the team, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Own successful delivery of large, high impact and highly cross-functional program initiatives while simultaneously and accurately tracking a set of smaller projects.
- Work closely with Twitch’s product teams, throughout the product’s life-cycle. Recognize, adopt and instill good practices from security engineering fields throughout the organization. Exercise risk-based judgment, and to help teams to make the right security calls.
- Drive strategic cross-functional planning, leading discovery and prioritization by closely partnering with engineering leads to develop program plans, including roadmap, dependency identifications and resourcing plan.
- Establish and drive adoption of program frameworks, tools and best practices. Share your program management knowledge with engineering leadership teams. Lead post-program analysis to guide future programs.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to executive management on the plans, status and critical issues. Escalate urgent issues appropriately and driving them to closure in a timely manner.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a technical program manager in software/web development organizations.
- BS or MS degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Strong technical acumen and ability to actively participate and contribute to technical designs discussions, proactively identify challenges and risks, working closely with engineers on addressing challenges and form mitigation plans.
- Considers the larger picture (e.g., efficiency, availability, operability, scalability, business goals, customer experience, etc.) Balances against the needs of engineering teams who have to build, maintain and extend features for the life of the technology. Incorporates these requirements into project plans.
- Demonstrated ability and experience to influence, develop productive working relationships, and lead engineering teams and key stakeholders from different business functions.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, a risk mitigation mindset, and ability to escalate at appropriate levels of urgency.
- Strong sense of ownership and willingness to go above and beyond to chase down loose ends that lead to a successful program.
- Solid understanding of agile product development methodologies, and their application to manage programs effectively
- Good judgement and pattern recognition
- Creative problem solving ability.
- Proactive demeanor with a bias towards action.
- Years of demonstrated experience working in security.
- Solid understanding of cloud-based applications
- Avid user of Twitch with a passion for the Twitch community
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Description