Associate – Equity Trading – Equity Derivatives (Flow, Structured and Exotics)
Citi’s Equities business is one of the largest and most established, both regionally and globally. Our clients include the world’s leading institutional investors and high net worth individuals and we provide these clients with value-added, independent, insightful and actionable investment advice.
The successful candidate with join Citi’s Global Markets Centre in Mumbai. The Global Exotic business within Equity Derivatives has partnered with the Centre for a number of years, and the team there has gone from a single individual supporting the US business to a team of three with a mandate to support the entire global business. In addition to providing support in the execution of day to day trading operations, a number of tools developed by the desk in conjunction with the Front Office in Hong Kong/London/New York are used by the desks on a daily basis to evaluate market conditions, inform trading decisions and allow for faster turnaround of pricing requests.
The Associate will lead a 3 member Mumbai team and support the Global Equity Derivatives front office. Primary responsibilities include reconciliation of trade confirms, internal cost allocations, and balance sheet usage checks, prototyping and/or building derivatives tools for exotics event monitoring and other performance checks. This role will require close engagement with Citi's trading and sales desks as well as with operations, finance and technology. As a supporting member of the Equity Derivatives desk, the Associate will have exposure to their day-to-day business needs and priorities.
- Position Title: Senior Associate
- Business Group: Citigroup Global Markets India Pvt. Ltd.
- Department: Equity Markets
- Grade/Level: C12
- Function/Group: Equity Derivatives
- Location: Mumbai
- Individual Contributor (IC)/Managerial: IC
- Percentage of Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation: Yes
Role and Responsibilities
Lead the 3-member team including day to day project management and managing staff locally with regards to performance management, training and development and hiring.
Product coverage includes Global Equity Derivatives (Flow, Structured and Exotics).
Work with technology to resolve STP breaks and exotic pricing schedules, computation of basket valuations, etc.
Monitor and perform desk maintenance tasks such as index calcs, handle early exercises, cash and stock expirations, future rolls, etc.
Reduce risk to the firm through reconciliation and break resolution where needed.
Work with Traders to build tools that will facilitate pricing and risk management as well as ensure daily control processes are being met.
Work with Middle Office and Operations to check confirms & term sheets make corporate action adjustments and settlements.
Work with finance and other desks to understand balance sheet usage and internal cost allocations such as legal, funding and OCC charges.
Investigate methods to reduce breaks and risk. Work with business analyst team to create requirement documents.
Help to produce Daily MIS report and attend weekly review meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Finance, Economics, Financial Engineering, Computer Science, Hard Science or Engineering concentration.
- 5 or more years of relevant industry experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills and initiative to resolving existing problems.
- Candidate must be very detail-oriented and the ability to meet a daily deadline.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable with computers/applications and proficient in use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Must be able to function effectively in a high-volume, dynamic environment.
- Willing to work in an environment that requires variable start and end times, including Holidays.
- Can work well under pressure and multi-task with a sense of urgency.
- Strong programming skills preferred
- The Associate is expected to be very comfortable with building and owning small standalone tools without much outside help. Guidance on the business requirements will be provided in great detail by a trader on the desk, and this person will likely liaise with a technology team to learn/access existing APIs and reference databases, etc., but he/she should be fully capable of doing the analysis, design and implementation of the tool autonomously.
- For example, we had one project to build a tool that constructs a series of orders in a stand-alone app/interface and sends them to our OMS based on an algorithm of observed market data. This was done using C# and WPF, but it did not necessarily have to be. KDB, C#, Perl, C++ and Python are some of the typical languages/platforms we use.
- Reports to Direct: Cornelius Griffen
Yes, 10 % of the Time