Our engineers build systems that catch bad guys. Using all available payment, user, and machine data, we have to separate legitimate credit card transactions from fraudulent ones leveraging multi tier decisioning architecture which includes models, rules and expert decisions.
Signifyd is seeking a Manager, Risk Engineering to join our Company. Reporting to Vice President of Risk this role is responsible for business applications tier as well as internal tools used by Risk Analytics, Risk Operations, Sales and Customer Success teams. Prior work experience in fraud detection, finance or insurance industry is required. The ideal candidate should have both excellent analytical and programming skills.
- Work with subject matter experts to ideate, simulate, deploy and monitor business application level code to continuously improve our fraud detection efficiency
- Design, development and maintenance of internal tools for key business stakeholders
- Drive product features and data needs to improve business application lifecycle by partnering with core engineering, data science and product teams
- Work directly with business stakeholders and customers to ideate and design solutions tailored to specific customer needs
- Manage, motivate and mentor junior team members
- Excellent programming skill in Java, scripting languages (e.g. Python) and SQL
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of payment fraud, financial crimes, and identity theft (Preferred)
- 5+ years of work experience in fraud detection, finance or insurance industry, with 2+ years in an engineering lead/manager role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with rule engines is highly desirable
- Experience with machine learning is highly desirable
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field