The Strategy and Business Development Analyst, Fashion Group, at Walmart eCommerce is responsible for supporting the effort to identify, explore and shape strategic opportunities to expand our fashion business, foster internal and external collaboration, and partner with leadership to drive key initiatives. Ultimately, your goal is to help transform the face of the Fashion Group at Walmart eCommerce.
What you’ll be working on
• Enable our customers to shop when, where, and how they want to
• Drive Fashion strategic partnerships in a truly entrepreneurial way while helping to champion the vision of one of the largest and fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world
• Constantly analyze the competitive landscape to understand and influence trends that are shaping the industry and identify opportunities for growth and differentiation
The Analyst, Strategy and Business Development, Fashion will be a part of the Fashion Group and will play an integral role in identifying, prioritizing, crafting, and building strategic partnership opportunities within the fashion categories at Walmart eCommerce. This position reports to the Manager, Fashion Group Business Development and will work closely with leaders in Fashion eCommerce Management, Operations, Business Development, and Walmart Home Office corporate teams.
• Assist the Manager and VP of Business Development on a broad range of strategic partnership projects that help shape the future of the Fashion category
• Help identify, prioritize, and structure partnership opportunities with strategic Fashion brands and retailers to support the Walmart eCommerce Fashion Group goals
• Partner with cross-functional teams to develop new business models, opportunities, and strategic partnerships to support the Fashion Group
• Support business owners in business development activities
• Provide support in creating presentation materials for major meetings as well as materials to communicate project updates and strategies
• Project manage internal initiatives that cross multiple categories and ensure alignment across Fashion leadership
• Research and mine data, perform complex analysis, and apply strategic thinking to support decisions, to clearly articulate issues that have the largest impact on the business
• Be customer-centric and focused on delivering seamless experiences
• Focus on continuous improvement
You’re a risk taker—a dreamer that delivers. You have big ideas and can implement them with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends to know what’s happening in the fashion world. You have a passion for innovation at the intersection of Fashion and eCommerce. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world, where the only constant is change.
• Functional Competencies:
o Strong business acumen and demonstrated proficiency in general business disciplines
o Analytical and deductive reasoning skills
o Have great attention to detail and exceptional follow through
o Stickler for process and organized project management
o Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
o Entrepreneurial mindset: belief in bold ideas and the power of creative thinking to get to “yes”
o Bias for action: desire to test concepts in the field quickly
o Deep passion for Fashion and eCommerce
o Great team player and collaborator
• Interpersonal Competencies:
o Strong interpersonal skills
o Proven ability to effectively build and manage relationships
o Proven strength in both oral and written communication skills, including the ability to develop and deliver presentations to senior management and large groups in a professional, concise and direct manner
o Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources
o Creative problem solver that can identify sources of information from disparate sources and deliver comprehensive, balanced & actionable analysis
o Fundamentally kind to others
• Leadership Competencies:
o Ability to model Wal-Mart's three core values: Respect for the individual, Service to our customers, Strive for excellence
o The ability to anticipate business issues & influence managerial attention
o Ability to clearly state the vision and then successfully translate that vision into executable steps
o Bachelor’s degree
o 2-3 years of relevant work experience
o Preferred Work Experience: at least 1 year of experience at a top tier management consulting firm or investment bank
o Experience working in a fast-paced working environment
o Experience in Fashion, eCommerce or retail strategy preferred
o Interest in digital Fashion a must
• You can name 3 fashion designers whose names start with “G”
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing and building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving consumers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
Why Walmart @Jet?
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, you’ll be able to access the resources and scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology and nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What we’re saying is, this isn’t your average day job. If you’re hungry to catapult ideas into action and own your career, let’s chat.