Who are we?
RELX is a world leading provider of professional
information solutions, operating in 3 core markets: Science & Medical,
Legal, and Business-to-Business. Reed Elsevier is active in Europe, Latin
America, the USA and Asia Pacific, which it considers its most important growth
Elsevier is a division of RELX and a world leading provider of scientific, technical, and medical information serving more than 30 million scientists, students and health and information professionals worldwide and publishing more than 20,000 products and services globally. Electronic Publishing plays an important and growing role in the product mix and Elsevier offers a wide range of online solutions which complement the print products.
Job Title: Education Consultant
Job Location: Jaipur
Purpose of the Job:
The role of the Education Consultant is fundamental for the Education Segment. As an individual contributor, the Education Consultant is expected to carry out the following activities in an independent, self-directed manner in the territories assigned
• Lead generation of Elsevier Health Solutions Print & Institutional E products to target academic institutions within designated territory
• Promoting & securing adoption of Elsevier Health Solutions Print Books & Institutional E products to target academic institutions within designated territory
• Engaging with students, student ambassadors & student associations to promote adopted textbooks & other key titles
• Supporting the usage of academic e-solutions like e-library in the assigned institutions
• Participation in joint sales, marketing and operation meetings to review product performance against budget
• Working as part of academic team, sharing market and customer knowledge and experience and feeding customer insight back to segment, content groups and sales teams.
• Weekly reporting utilising Territory Management system (Kites or other Sales Reporting/Management system) of all current and new promotional activity, adoptions and opportunities and maintain high level quality of data
Key Result Areas:
Drive demand for Elsevier Content in academic institutions in assigned territory
• Understand needs and promote relevant Elsevier content to medical schools, nursing, vet, dentistry and other health professions education establishments within an assigned territory to
• Faculty and Students/Student Associations
• Ensure we maintain existing content adoptions/recommendations and seek new adoption/recommendation opportunities through active academic content promotion
• Stay abreast of changes and trends in the market and competitors and show an understanding of the implications of such changes on our business. Regularly review and adapt promotion strategies accordingly.
• Responsibility for promoting, managing and influencing the sales revenues both directly and indirectly for Books and E institutional products within assigned territory in line with individual and team cash and revenue targets
• Display sound product knowledge on the products and demonstrate technical knowledge and understanding, through attending internal meetings in a proactive way.
Support trade teams:
• Work closely with trade team & be jointly responsible to deliver the agreed growth & revenue targets for the states/cities/business segments under area of responsibility
• Enure adequate targetted promotions for relevant states/cities/business segments
• Support trade team with managing named academic bookshops and retail accounts
• Provide high quality adoption information to trade and institutional sales team
Provide market intelligence:
• Provide customer and market insight through the Regional Manager to Marketing thus contributing to the development of marketing plans in consultation with the relevant product marketing group and content promotion teams
• Liaison and internal communication with management team , including advice in the following areas: Creation of annual Push List , new product development, market evaluation, sales strategies relating to product extensions, pricing recommendations.
Accelerate digital revenues:
• Lead generation of Elsevier Health Solutions Institutional E products like eLibrary to named target accounts within designated territory
• Support the usage of academic e-solutions like e-library in the assigned institutions
Sales Planning and Record Keeping:
• Weekly reporting utilising Territory Management system (Kites or other Sales Reporting/Management system) of all current and new promotional activity and opportunities and maintain high level quality of data
• Maintain accurate and current details of contacts, calls, opportunities, agreements in Kites or other Sales Rporting/Management system.
• Collect confirmations of reading lists and adoptions from assigned accounts
• Use Kites or other Sales Reporting/Management system to assist in sales planning, territory prioritization and opportunity forecasting
• Create a sales plan for assigned territoty to be updated, reviewed and implemented quarterly
• Provide regular sales reports as required by the Regional Manager
Functional and Technical Competencies:
• Successful Health/ Life sciences sales/ marketing/promotional track record into Educational Institutions
• Knowledge of Academic Institutional account structures and Decision making processes
• Results orientation (metrics based decision maker)
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experiences (and any other requirements):
• Relevant university degree, preferably in Science, Healthcare and/or Technology
• At least 3 years proven direct solution selling experience track record in High value sales ( $100k +)
• Needs to be able to make good commercial decisions and agreements about the products the company is selling based on an understanding of the underlying financial models
• Strong organisational and planning abilities
• Ability to be self-directed and independent (a self starter that seeks knowledge and solutions)