The Optical Systems Engineer will be reporting into the Optical Test & Metrology department focusing on deliverables for calibration. They are expected to be comfortable working in a lab environment. They should be self-considered expert in their respective discipline, being principally responsible for designing in their discipline, and designing and building (in the lab) metrology for testing/verifying the parts they have designed.
- Responsible for for calibrating (measuring) intrinsic and extrinsic properties of stereo camera pairs.
- Responsible for using mathematical algorithms (feature detection, calibration, etc)
- Responsible for using data collection using checkerboards or ARUCOs
- Responsible for tolerance analysis of calibration algorithm for specific hardware and integration of as-designed optical system parameters for construction of theoretically ideal camera matrices.
- Skilled user of analysis packages such as MATLAB, R-Soft, Python/SciPy, etc.
- Experience in camera calibration.
- Familiarity with optical design parameters, MTF measurements, distortion and relative illumination measurements,
- Experience with fabrication of targets for such measurements and selection of optical system hardware suitable to meet measurement specifications.
- Experience in algorithm design on or for optical systems; imagers, illuminators, detectors, DAQ systems, or other optical systems
- BS with 5 years or a MS with 2 years experience in your respected field
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.