The Senior AML/BSA Analyst, reporting to the Manager of AML Investigations, is part of SVB’s Financial Intelligence Unit. AML/BSA Analysts are responsible for conducting anti-money laundering investigations and complying with currency transaction reporting requirements. This position is at an intermediate professional level and requires strong investigative, writing, and analytical skills. This role partners closely with BSA Compliance, KYC/EDD, Global Payments, and Relationship Teams while working independently to drive individual and team results.
- Conducts time-sensitive investigations of alerted and referred transactions/clients for suspicious activity, utilizing a number of internal and external resources;
- Produces thorough but concise documentation of investigative findings including activity analysis, and decision rationale;
- Works with law enforcement and fellow financial institutions through the receipt of and response to 314(a) and 314(b) requests;
- Complies with currency transaction action reporting requirements by performing daily currency transaction (CTR) monitoring and, when appropriate, the preparation of Currency Transaction Reports;
- Drafts Suspicious Activity Reports for timely filing with FinCEN
- Applicants should exhibit strong investigative, analytical, and writing skills.
- Must be able to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines, while remaining timely with obligations is essential.
The following backgrounds are preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields of study: Law, Justice Studies, English, Journalism, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or Government & Public Services; or
- Two years of experience in BSA/AML compliance, audit, or investigations; or Juris Doctorate degree.
Phoenix - Hayden
Hayden Ferry Lakeside I
80 E Rio Salado Parkway, Suite 600
Compliances Risk & Audit
May 15, 2018, 6:32:35 PM