Area of Interest
Local Media - Radio
Looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity? 620 WTMJ and 94.5 WKTI radio, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, are searching for a new Director of Marketing and NTR.
The Director of Marketing and NTR will manage the promotions department. Responsible for approaching advertising clients and community partners concerning opportunities for promotional activities. Negotiates plans by which the station may participate in and benefit from, including events such as fairs, concerts, parades, and other local festivities.
- Marketing, advertising, and promotional execution to fulfill the programming department's vision
- Manage sales programs and promotions to drive revenue
- Identify new opportunities for sales programs and station exposure to increase reach and revenue
- Create, manage and execute events to generate ratings and revenue
- Continual improvement process for ratings and revenue growth in all activities
- Conceptualize, design, implement, and test innovative solutions that impact ratings and revenue
- Manage project financials and internal/external business partnerships
- Evaluate new initiatives for revenue and expense expectations
- Support other projects and teams
- Provide, coordinate, and perform brainstorming meetings
- Partner with the programming team to create programming features to drive listenership
- Create new business units and opportunities to increase sales
- Create and oversee Special Events and large sales programs
- Bridge the gap between programming strategy and sales strategy
- Regularly meet with key clients and vendors to grow revenue share
- Help digital teams understand radio programming and sales to hasten impact
- Manage external and online marketing activities for radio properties
- Manage marketing budgets to minimize expense while maximizing value
- Supervise promotions department
Education & Experience/Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Minimum 3 years experience in promotions and broadcasting
Skills & Abilities
- Possess a keen interest and understanding in the latest technology and social media applications as applicable to marketing.
- Must possess effective leadership and management skills as well as the ability to work well with management team.
- Possess the ability to conceive, produce, implement and measure strategic marketing plan based on research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Individual must be able to exercise sound judgment and be very detail oriented.
- Knowledge of marketing principles.
- Knowledge of contract negotiations.
- Knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations