Does defining (and changing!) the future of local businesses excite you? Tired of awful Wi-Fi experiences and spammy emails and ready to create one you’d actually use yourself? Interested in seeing what’s happening behind the scenes and influencing a brand’s marketing strategies with in depth insights and analysis? That’s where you come in, future Yelp WiFi Account Manager!
Yelp WiFi's vision is to be the best way local businesses can connect with their customers and keep them coming back. We connect people to the stores and brands they love. We’re trying to create a proximity experience for the places you know and use that you can be proud of. We want you to show off Yelp WiFi to friends and family and add value to YOUR life and theirs.
This non-exempt position is full-time, 40 hours per week. All candidates must have open availability to work Monday through Friday anytime between the hours of 5AM-5:30PM PST. Due to fluctuation in customer needs, Yelp may adjust schedules in the future with appropriate notice.
What This Job Is:
Fast-paced and ambiguous: This is a true startup. You’ll help lots of businesses, learn very quickly, and contribute directly to the strategy. While a lot of our support focuses around making recommendations, a large portion of it is troubleshooting technical issues and making business owners comfortable with something that scares them.
- Prioritizes customer demands and needs across email & phone
- Help strengthen Yelp’s revenue retention by providing exceptional and timely customer support
- Consult and educate Yelp marketing clients by answering a high volume of inbound calls and emails along with outbound support
- Become an expert in Yelp WiFi’s marketing solutions and adapt product recommendations quickly to suit client needs - asking probing questions and finding solutions will be critical to your success
- Exhibit strong communication skills, both externally with clients and internally with other Yelp employees
- Remain organized and efficient in a fast-paced environment
- Represent Yelp and embody its core values.
- Communicator: Excellent communication skills - no fear of the phone.
- Adaptive Capacity: Highly adaptable and able to work in a startup environment where things change quickly.
- Able to adjust behaviors or methods when necessary to achieve objectives.
- Self-Starter/Initiator: Initiates action in order to accomplish goals or develop self without explicit instructions. Proactive in seeking out new responsibilities and activities without explicit instructions. Initiates prompt action in order to accomplish goals or objectives.
- Coachable: Able and willing to learn and change; sees any situation as a learning opportunity. Receptive to and seeks out feedback.
- Quality/Accuracy: Displays attention to detail in order to deliver high quality and accurate work. Checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Critical Thinker/Problem-Solver : Demonstrates the ability to analyze, synthesize, and apply information in order to solve problems. Weighs the strengths and weaknesses of options in order to recommend the best solution.
- Accountable: Takes responsibility for all actions; follows through on commitments.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Bachelor's Degree or 3+ years of relevant client facing experience.
- Computer proficiency in G-suite products and helpdesk software (Salesforce experience is a plus)
- Experience in account management, sales, marketing, or small business is a plus.
- You have a love for local businesses and understand their importance in local economies.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to track and complete numerous details.
- Solid ability to handle challenging conversations with business owners in a professional, solutions-oriented manner.
- You are a people person - you are approachable and are genuinely curious.
- Strong empathy and active listening skills.
- You have a growth mindset. You’re willing to receive and implement feedback.
- You embrace a fast paced and always-changing environment.
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee-only coverage)
- 15 days PTO and 11 paid holidays (per year)
- 6 weeks paid parental leave plus up to 6 weeks paid pregnancy disability leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Access to fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with up to $1,000 matching per year
- Employee stock purchase plan
Think you have what it takes to be an Account Manager at Yelp? Send us your cover letter and resume today. Don’t forget to keep it useful, funny, and cool!