Dev Ops Engineer
Working in a fully Agile environment you will collaborate with Tech Leads, Scrum Masters and Product Owner to build quality solutions that are capable of long term test-ability and growth whilst delivering focused, value driven changes to a high standard.
Who are Equifax?
Equifax is a Global Information Solutions company. We are powering the world with knowledge to help make more informed business and personal decisions. Equifax Dublin is a new IT Research & Development Centre which aims to build a tech hub in Europe. The centre on Sir John Rogerson’s Quay is a growing technology-based business with a focus on building software and technology to support Equifax operations around the world.
We are looking for individuals who can help us disrupt the marketplace. You will do this by delivering leading-edge technology to build and deliver unparalleled customised insights that enrich both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers.
About the Job
As the DevOps Engineer you will, in collaboration with a multidisciplinary delivery team, design and implement software delivery processes to ensure high quality product is continuously deploy-able to multiple environments and continuously monitored and maintained thereafter.
The Ideal Candidate
- Guide teams with DevOps best practices, including improving scalability, performance, reliability, and speed to market.
- The role will include systems and solution design within the existing architecture, as well as design/implementation of improvements to meet business needs.
- Strong understanding of software project release automation.
- Responsible for collaborating with the Team Lead(s) to coordinate project schedules.
- Interface with key stakeholders to convey infrastructure requirements, plan and schedule deployment of tasks, and resolve any issues that impact the deployment of the Application delivery systems.
- Extensive experience with DevOps, Release Management and delivery of software to production with high quality.
- Automation Experience with Build/Deployment, Software Configuration/ContinuousIntegration/Continuous Delivery/Release Engineering related tasks in Java/C++ Environments.
- Experience in automating manual processes using Python, Ruby, Unix Shell (bash, ksh), perl, etc.
- Experience in Performance Testing/Tuning/Monitoring, maximizing system uptime and availability, ensuring functional and performance SLAs.
- Experience with monitoring Application/Infrastructure Performance, and availability.
- Experience with multiple database technologies Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc
- Experience with Design/Implementation of Big Data technologies, including Hadoop, MongoDB, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Zookeeper, Spark, ELK, etc
- Installing, Configuring, Administering, and Tuning of JavaEE Application Servers, and WebServers.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX system administration, both physical and virtual systems.
- Installing/maintaining/Administering software on Linux, Windows servers.
- Experience with Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure) and virtualization Technologies (Hyper-V, OpenStack).
- Deploying and automating JavaEE applications in cloud environment using Chef, RPM, etc.
- Working closely with Development, QA, Product Management, and Production Ops teams to make sure Product Releases on-time with quality.
- Strong experience in Design/Implementationcontainers/applications in scalable HA/DR multi-tier cloud environments.
- Hands on experience Configuring and Administering SCM(GIT, SVN), Build (CMake, Make files, Maven), Nexus, CI(Jenkins), CD Automation Tools.
- Experience in Implementation of Application Tier with Tomcat, Liferay, Alfresco, Hazelcast
- Design/Implementation of network and presentation tier technologies, including F5, Apache, Nginx, etc
- Experience in Agile Methodologies and processes.
- Strong Automation, problem-solving skills, and ability to follow through to completion.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
We offer an excellent compensation package with, competitive market salaries, full healthcare, 26 days holidays, pension and bike to work scheme to mention a few.
If your application is successful we will call you for an initial pre –screen and if that goes well we will invite you into our office for a face to face interview.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To speak to us about this role in more detail apply online.
Function - IT Development and Client Services