Guggenheim Insurance Services is seeking an extremely detailed, analytical, self-driven and technically savvy individual to join the Corporate Planning team. Working in collaboration with others in Corporate Planning and related departments, the Assistant Vice President is responsible for ensuring accurate completion of monthly economic basis financial statements and preparing detailed analysis of financial results on US STAT and economic bases. The AVP is also responsible for the completion of five year US STAT budgets, and will participate in benchmarking and forecasting for each insurance company. The AVP Corporate Planning will also participate in the preparation of GIS business plans as well as implementation of Business Intelligence systems.
In addition to an exemplary work history including more than 5 years’ experience, preferably within public accounting or actuarial projection work, advanced working knowledge of US GAAP and STAT reporting is required. CPA or FSA credentials preferred. The position is located on the north side of Indianapolis, Indiana.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Prepares five year budgets for each insurance company on an annual basis and rolling forecasts on a monthly basis, and performs extensive analysis of the company’s plan in comparison to actual and forecasted results.
- Responsible for development of financial models for use in analysis and business planning.
- Responsible for development of reporting structures and standardized reports for use in analysis, benchmarking, forecasting, and business planning process.
- Develop a thorough understanding of hedging strategies utilized with within the insurance industry.
- Participates in preparation of information for Quarterly Financial Reporting meeting, including reviewing and analyzing financial statements based on US STAT and economic reporting bases.
- Participates in preparation five-year budget and annual written business plan for GIS.
- Completes benchmarking for each insurance company.
- Prepares analysis and other materials for rating agencies for use in determining ratings and for inclusion in various rating agency reports.
- Creates benchmarking plans to compare each insurance company to a set of peers, monitors company performance against set of peer companies and summarizes results/findings for management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA or FSA preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience; public accounting experience or actuarial projection work preferred
- Advanced knowledge and experience with US GAAP and STAT reporting requirements for insurance companies required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Analytical reasoning and experience with financial analysis
- Project management and multi-tasking skills required
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office products; working knowledge of general ledger accounting systems
In addition, the ideal candidate will be or will have:
- Exhibits excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- The ability to handle multiple competing tasks efficiently
- The ability to work independently
- Detail orientation and accuracy
- Team focused, results oriented, and collaborative
- Flexibility and adaptability
- The ability to exercise sound judgment
- Demonstrates diplomacy and tact
- The ability to work well with individuals at all levels
About Guggenheim Insurance Services
Guggenheim Insurance Services offers a unified set of advisory services to ensure efficiency and long-term success for insurance companies. GIS advises insurance company management teams on topics including asset liability management, best actuarial practices, capital management, cost structure benchmarks, expense management, M&A strategy and execution, product development, product strategy, and transactions and products.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.