This role can be based either in Dallas or London
At Hotels.com, we are constantly seeking talented and tech savvy individuals to join our rapidly growing team. One of our current priorities is the focus on Search Engine Marketing (SEM), which is one of the most critical growth engines for Hotels.com and the most dynamic marketing channel in the business.
If you are passionate about being on the cutting edge of digital marketing and demonstrating your technical skillset, this is the opportunity for you. As one of Google’s top global advertisers, we at Hotels.com partner closely with a dedicated Google team to test and implement new marketing technologies before hey are released to the rest of the global marketplace.
This role will be an integral part of the Global SEM Team and Hotels.com strategy. You will be responsible for performance of SEM as a marketing partner of Hotels.com. The visibility and autonomy in this role is very significant. You will be responsible for ensuring that our traffic acquired from Google and other search engines SEM meets the ROI goals of the business and will be expected to take timely action when necessary. You will need strong analytical and problem solving skills to be successful in this role. This position will report to the SEM Director, Hotels.com.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Own P&L for the channel and drive improvements to optimize performance
· Manage performance and own communication/presentation to senior leadership at Hotels.com
· Push the limits of Hotels.com thinking on how to operate performance based marketing channels
· Understand the complexities of campaign performance and evaluate growth to identify opportunity gaps
· Recommend changes in spend level with partners while being able to articulate potential impact
· Troubleshoot day-to-day issues across internal and external teams to arrive at solutions quickly
· Conceptualize campaign adjustments, design and implement testing and evaluate results
· Generate and disseminate reporting to ensure that the wider team is aware of advertising performance trends
· Manage & maintain relationships with internal customers/partners to communicate campaign performance/progress to goals
· Manage relationships with search engines to further optimize Hotels.com’s search marketing campaigns
Knowledge, Skills & Ability Required:
· Bachelor’s degree with strong analytical focus (Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, etc)
· 5 to 7 years of direct experience in SEM and/or analytical online marketing for a Fortune 500 or Internet Retailer 500 company
· Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills; must be very comfortable with data analysis and able to use data to make decisions
· Able to develop strong working relationships with internal peers and external partners, and can get cooperation in a non-authority relationship
· Very strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Must be comfortable delivering presentations to senior level executives.
· Comfort with data driven business management
· Exceptional attention to detail in executing complex projects and time-sensitive deliverables
· Expert in MS Excel; knowledge of SQL, Python, or other data processing scripts a plus
· Expert in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
· Knowledge, passion and/or experience of travel industry is a plus
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.