Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Music Entertainment, and Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth.
Sony Corporation of America is seeking a Social Media Specialist to join the Corporate Marketing department located in NYC. Program content and provide community management for Sony brand, Sony Rewards, and Sony Square NYC social channels. Implement testing scenarios and collect/analyze data to determine performance. Support SCA Digital Marketing team with any social projects.
- Act as community manager for all social channels by engaging community and helping to resolve customer care issues.
- Manage and maintain social programming calendars
- Provide creative direction & copy options for social posts.
- Ensure social media platforms are kept up-to-date, content-fresh & functional, and technically-optimized.
- Identify trending content opportunities and share with broader audience as appropriate.
- Be on the pulse of social conversation & find opportunities to make social media channels stand out.
- Moderate user-generated content in-line with the moderation policy as well as any active marketing campaigns.
- Provide research and support for ongoing social media channel analytics.
- Assist in producing POVs on new & emerging social channels.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the growth of the communities, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of new campaigns and initiatives.
- Assist in providing influence & guidance on the roadmap of communities and campaign content by collecting user feedback & analyzing community metrics.
- Minimum 2+ years of digital marketing, social media, or community management experience at a creative agency or in-house brand.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or related field required.
- Working knowledge of social network tools, such as Tweetdeck, Crimson Hexagon, Adobe Experience Manager, etc.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop. Preferred experience with other Adobe applications, including InDesign, AfterEffects, Adobe Experience Manager, and LiveFyre.
- Strong experience in creative, marketing, and/or editorial writing.
- Good understanding of principles of customer service.
- Competent in managing social media platforms, understanding analytics, and applying learnings.
- Direct experience and understanding of the landscape of social media platforms and their respective communities.
- Project management, time management, and organizational skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must excel at working in a collaborative environment across multiple teams including Digital, Content, Strategy, Operations, and CRM.
- Knowledgeable of, or curious to learn about, the Sony brand and its group companies, including PlayStation, Sony Pictures, Sony Music, Sony Electronics, and Sony Mobile.
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.