The Role: Regional Training Specialist
As a Regional Training Specialist, you’ll be responsible for being the training teams ears and eyes on the ground supporting Sales in the field. You will deliver the training curriculum to the field, identify the needs from your region in real time to be addressed on a global scale as well as extract best practices locked in specific locations to be optimized and shared with everyone.
The focus of this function is on facilitation as well as sales coaching. The measure of success will be adoption, participation and the results of the training. In other words, after completing the training, do people correctly adopt and use what they have learned? Does it help them achieve their sales goals? Are we delivering learning and content with the right priority? The role requires consistent calibration between regional teams and instructional Designers at HQ.
We’re Tesla so we aren’t looking for ordinary, run-of-the-mill training; we’re looking for innovative and impactful training that meets the needs of the business and drives results. The successful candidate will possess mental agility, a very engaging personality, and exceptional writing skills with the proven ability to present such in a logical format.
- The focus of the function is on facilitation as well as sales coaching for a defined region and group of employees.
- Responsible for implementation of training materials as well as developing region-specific trainings.
- Facilitate live training sessions and webinars
- Deliver content created by HQ
- Sales Skills, Test Drive Best Practices and another face to face sessions
- Ensuring proper application of the training in the field
- Assist training team members with development and optimization of their content
- May entail serving as onscreen and/or voice-over talent for how-to videos
- Identify and create additional innovative learning vehicles, tools, support materials, and announcements as/if required
- Regular calibration sessions with local HQ to ensure consistency of team curriculum and methodology (no off-roading)
- Extract best practices from the region and deliver to HQ for curation and sharing across
- Identify specific training needs to report back to HQ for prioritization
- Reports to Training (works closely with local teams and all other departments)
- Sits in on regional sales meetings to identify and prioritize needs
- Develop relationships at the store level and coach to training and customer experience standards
- Identify inconsistencies and coach in real time at the store level
- Shadow and coach sales personnel in the field
- Ensures key points from newsletters and announcements and self-paced or online training has been properly received
- Helping with on-boarding first 90 days and beyond
- Assess the quality and efficacy of training initiatives and report back to HQ findings and suggestions for improvement
- 3+ years’ relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced, innovative environment preferred
- Good sales performance and credibility
- Technical aptitude with ability to quickly learn new systems
- Excellent written, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in creating instructional materials, web-based training, classroom materials, user guides FAQs, and manuals is desired
- Command skills and ability to earn the trust of our sales partners and staff
- Command of soft skills (Customer Service) & sales skills
- Lives and breathes Tesla culture and values
- Engaging personality and team culture fit
- Excellent Facilitation skills and personality
- Passion for thinking outside the box and delivering results
- Action-oriented person who thrives on getting things done on time and to a high standard
- Detail oriented and creative
- A team player who is comfortable collaborating with peers, managers, and internal customers
- 50-75% travel required.