Job DescriptionIn this role, you have the opportunity to be responsible for ensuring a successful Scrum process of a scrum team in the group. Coach the scrum teams to deliver high-quality products, by ensuring execution is most efficient and well-coordinated possible through continuous coaching and mentoring of the teams members in the Agile principles, practices and values. As a Software Engineer, you’ll be involved in developing software modules within complex and advanced environment.
You are responsible for
- Ensuring smooth implementation of Scrum and Agile principles within the scrum team.
- Promotiong Agile ideas beyond his/her own team - “Change-Agent” role
- Ensuring teams’ continuous improvement in adherence to defined organizational goals .
- Coordinating and facilitating Scrum meetings such as daily standup, sprint planning, release planning, retrospective
- Coordinating dependencies with external teams and other scrum masters
- Promoting an empowered, self-management, collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment that fosters ownership, creativity and innovation
- Supporting, educating, engaging & mentoring the Team members , managers & other stakeholders to follow Agile principles and clear responsibilities they carry
- Acting as management contact (e.g. for status)
- Ensuring team backlog is ready (e.g. groomed), available and provided by Product Owner before sprint starts. Organizing and facilitating Scrum meetings, record team progress,
- Complying and aligning with software development professionalism standards within the team (processes and methodologies, quality of requirements, design, coding and testing).
- Writing clean, high quality, solid, readable code that scales.
- Defining functional requirements based on product definitions.
- Promoting trust, openness and leverage external capabilities locally and globally
You are a part of Oncology Informatics and Genomics team which utilizes the latest technologies in informatics, oncology informatics, human genomics, SW engineering, cloud technologies, analytics, machine learning, natural language processing, big data and others.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- MS or Bachelor’s degree in software engineering/computer science
- 5+ years of experience in Web development (Django/Python or, Spring MVC and AngularJS, or Ruby on Rails) experience
- 2+ years as Scrum master.
- Proven experience on C++/ C#/ .NET/ JAVA – an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with English fluency
- Ability to work effectively in an Agile team oriented environment (local and global teams)
- Excellent problem solving skills and drive to learn
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Experience developing an online platform supporting scalable concurrent users
- Experience on Unix environment- advanatage
- Experience with databases, NOSQL, Hadoop and big data-advandtage
- Cloud computing, parallel computing, workload optimization of big data computations -advantage
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)