Job DescriptionIn this role, you have the opportunity to be involved in developing challenging software modules within complex and advanced environment.
You are responsible for
- Designing, implementation, integration and test of a (sub) system, component or module in high quality, according to requirements and on time.
- Complying and aligning with software development professionalism standards within the team (processes and methodologies, quality of requirements, design, coding and testing).
- Carrying out complicated development and prototyping tasks.
- Good understanding of the market needs and ability to translate them to implementation requirement while considering the overall solution.
- Promoting domain knowledge, innovative thinking and customer understanding.
- Promoting trust, openness and leverage external capabilities locally and globally
You are a part of Oncology Informatics and Genomics team which utilizes the latest technologies in informatics, oncology informatics, human genomics, SW engineering, cloud technologies, analytics, machine learning, natural language processing, big data and others.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering/computer science
- At least 4 years’ experience in Web development (Django/Python or, Spring MVC and AngularJS, or Ruby on Rails) experience
- Solid understanding and programming skills with databases (MySQL/NoSQL) – an advantage
- Proven experience on C++/ C#/ .NET/ JAVA – an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with English fluency
- Ability to work effectively in an Agile team oriented environment (local and global teams)
- Experience on Unix environment- advantage
- Experience in Nodejs and Angular- advantage
- System aspect background/experience in developing enterprise solutions - advantage
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)