United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh-General Office
May 11, 2018, 2:26:33 PM
The HR Manager, Industrial Coatings is responsible for a broad spectrum of HR deliverables that includes talent management; associate and leadership recruitment, selection, and retention; performance management; talent and leadership development including succession management; total rewards, including compensation and benefits; organizational design and change; legal compliance; employee and labor relations; employee communications and employee engagement. This role has extended responsibilities of supporting HR initiatives across various business units and will coordinate on various HR professionals within other business lines. The key job responsibilities are listed as follows:
- Assures the continuation of a comprehensive HR strategy for the business unit and fully supports the business strategy across multiple sub business units.
- Contributes to the development of the SBU HR strategy and provide expert counsel to the leadership team in support of the SBU’s goals and initiatives;
- Partners closely with the leadership team to develop and leverage employee communication, inclusion, diversity, engagement and recognition programs that inspire employees around common goals, vision and values to enable the site team to continue to expand, grow and transform.
- Leads strategic workforce planning, ensuring the numbers, skills, and location of talent are defined in the long range plan, and that talent acquisition, retention and development plans are established and implemented, and enabling succession and attrition strategies.
- Leads the workforce and organization development initiatives including employee onboarding and orientation, annual training planning, leadership development assessment and nomination to development programs.
- Provides coaching to management on their leadership effectiveness.
- Oversees the compensation and benefits programs that will drive retention and performance at all levels.
- Works closely with sub business unit leaders to design/improve the sales incentive plans and manage the implementation of the plans to support business growth strategies globally.
- Coordinates with other site HR managers of SCM SBU to work out SBU HR reports. Take part in the global HR transformation process and coordinate with other site HR managers of SCM SBU per assigned projects.
- Ensures all HR activities are in compliance with the laws of the country and the policies of PPG.
- Nurtures, protects and sustains the PPG culture of Ethics, EHS and Employee Engagement. Champions change where needed, and provides leadership that fosters teamwork, cooperation, empowerment, and development.
Minimum Required Experience and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance, Engineering or other related field of study.
- 5+ years of overall human resources experience with previous experience in an HR business partner leadership position.
- Previous experience leading change management initiatives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Previous experience of working in a R&D environment preferred.
PPG: We protect and beautify the world.
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
Why join us:
With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one.
You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies.
Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward.
You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged.
Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world.
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. PPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You may request a copy of PPG’s affirmative action plan by emailing email@example.com.
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity please see attached links: