Title: Director, Americas ITOA Specialization
Location: Near major cities in the U.S. (preferably the West Coast)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you passionate about “Big Data, Data Analytics & Security”? Are you committed to improvement and learning new things? If you answered yes to these questions then we have a home for you at Splunk. In this leadership role you will work within the Global IT Operational Analytics (ITOA) Specialist group, you are an extraordinary leader and you will be responsible for driving the Splunk ITOA Market group strategy into the field and partner community for the Americas and Public-Sector Theaters.
You are strategically minded and highly adept in working cross functionally. You will focus on collaboration; influencing and working in close alignment with the Americas and Public-Sector field leadership to ensure maximum scale and impact to drive bookings and customer success.
You will have ownership of the ITOA use case and Premium Solution bookings, the development and execution of the go-to-market strategy for Splunk ITOA solutions, and through a focus on enablement, the development and evolution of Splunk’s ITOA engagement standard methodologies, such that they can be scaled to the Splunk field and Partner community. Key to success will also be hiring, leading and evolving a team of world-class ITOA Specialists.
You will have a solid understanding of Splunk’s ITOA solutions and overall go to market business is critical to success in this role, along with an exceptional domain expertise in IT Operations, DevOps, APM, AIOps etc. You have a high level of credibility to evangelize Splunk’s ITOA vision internally, to key customers and to the wider Market through events and conferences.
- Lead the Americas and Public Sector ITOA Specialist team evangelizing Splunk’s ITOA use case and solutions portfolio internally with the field organization and externally with customers, prospects and partners
- Drive ITOA use case and Premium Solution bookings and adoption with existing Splunk customers as well as new prospects
- Lead and report on the pipeline and forecast for ITOA Market segment and solutions.
- High alignment with the field, driving high interlock with Sales and Technical functions, to be in a position to build and increase opportunity value, and to accelerate and help win business
- Provide mentoring, strategic advice and guidance to leadership and the field on the execution of sales opportunities by using ITOA specialist resources and standard methodologies
- Help develop, mentor and evolve the SME community within the technical organization
- Represent the ITOA to field leadership and help unify and evolve Splunk and go to market strategy
- Innovate within the ITOA group and across internal teams to develop new propositions, tools and advisory workshops that evolve the Splunk selling motion
- Establish you and your team as a genuine business partner to the field leadership and as critical ITOA domain experts who provide incremental value to the sales motion and customer interactions – the goal should be a strategic rather than tactical resource
- Work closely with product management and senior ITOA Market leadership to enhance new product/solution releases, business processes, messaging, packaging and pricing.
- Be a good corporate citizen enabling a two-way flow of relevant and timely information; working as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources.
You are highly determined and have 5+ years’ experience building and running teams with customer-facing responsibilities; ability to grow and scale upward with the company; second line management experience a plus.
- 10 + years' high tech field experience in sales, sales engineering, professional services, or consulting.
- ITIL certification and/or 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent understanding of the ITOA and data center operations and trends.
- You have strong knowledge of the overall IT landscape.
- Strong background in Internet infrastructure, security, and enterprise solution software required, web based applications a plus.
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of success positively impacting sales, teamwork, strategy and vision
- Strong executive presence and polish internally and externally
- Forecasting commitments and forecasting accuracy
- Extraordinary management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Consistent Track Record in over-achieving quarterly and annual goals in a field-supporting or sales role.
- Familiar with product roadmap planning to incorporate customer requirements into Splunk service offerings.
- Experience in successfully executing complex sales cycles with CXOs.
- Experience selling complex solutions to the Global 2000 or Fortune 500 Company List
- You will bring with them a range of industry-related contacts.
- Must have high ethics, integrity, and humility and be able to work with other teams.
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional teams tasked with full lifecycle support.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!